Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1165
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter-Only Subscriptions for v1.3x

Quote Originally Posted by nolsowski View Post
    That does make sense. I didn't put the subscribeWrapper in the CSS yet because I am not sure where in the CSS to put it lol.

I just put it in now so hopefully it's in the right place lol
    Anywhere in the CSS is good. I just added mine to the header section of the stylesheet.

And when I'm first positioning something, I usually just add the #divname{} so I can play with it on Firebug before adding the final specifications.

Quote Originally Posted by kamelion0927 View Post
    Anywhere in the CSS is good. I just added mine to the header section of the stylesheet.

And when I'm first positioning something, I usually just add the #divname{} so I can play with it on Firebug before adding the final specifications.
    Ok I put it in the header section also.

I got it! Thanks so much!

Your site is the one I keep going to for inspiration lol. I have it bookmarked and I am always looking at your site trying to figure out how you did things lol.

Can you tell me where you went to change the "Newsletter" to your different words?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nolsowski View Post
    Can you tell me where you went to change the "Newsletter" to your different words?
    Ah, thanks! I've redone my site so many times, I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. (Hopefully )

Anytime you want to change the wording on anything, it will always be in includes/language files.

To change the wording in the header for this mod, you would want to go to includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/your_template/newsletter_subscribe_defines.php.

I'm glad you got it working! This one was kind of a bugger to get into the header the way I wanted to. You might want to check how it looks in IE too - I had some compatibility issues with CSS between IE and FF.

Plugin Contributions

Just wondering what other users are using to bulk unsubscribe

Each time I send out a newsletter I get 200 to 300 "bounces" where customers have changed their email address and not changed the email address in the database

Probably a once only purchaser anyway

I can put them thru the newsletter unsubscribe one by one Uggg!!

I can use a script tp update the customers table
    Then a similar script to remove them from the subscribers table
    Trying to keep both in sync is a tedious pain

Anyone found an easier way?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I've just tried to install the mod, all seemed to be going well but I now have 2 problems....

Firstly, what is the sidebox called? I have a couple of very similar options coming up in sidebox controller and I don't know which is which!

Secondly, when I go to 'send an email', I get this error message:

1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'locate'
    in:
    [SELECT s.email_address as customers_email_address FROM subscribers as s LEFT JOIN configuration as q on LOCATE( s.email_address, q.configuration_value) >= 1 WHERE configuration_key = 'NEWSONLY_SUBSCRIPTION_TEST_GROUP' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Can anyone help?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by towerhealth View Post
    Hi,
    I've just tried to install the mod, all seemed to be going well but I now have 2 problems....

Firstly, what is the sidebox called? I have a couple of very similar options coming up in sidebox controller and I don't know which is which!

Secondly, when I go to 'send an email', I get this error message:

1267 Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation 'locate'
    in:
    [SELECT s.email_address as customers_email_address FROM subscribers as s LEFT JOIN configuration as q on LOCATE( s.email_address, q.configuration_value) >= 1 WHERE configuration_key = 'NEWSONLY_SUBSCRIPTION_TEST_GROUP' ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

Can anyone help?

I got the same problem- Jag gissar att du är svensk så jag tar det på svenska. -- Välj english som språk i admin när du installerar så blir det rätt i databasen. Väljer du swedish så får de felet.

Plugin Contributions

I found this is another thread and it worked

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Try going to Admin->Tools->Install SQL Patch and paste the following into the window and click the Send button:
    Code:
    alter table subscribers change email_address email_address 
     varchar(96) NOT NULL default '' UNIQUE collate 'latin1_general_ci';
    Still don't know the name of the sidebox I need though!!! Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Still having trouble. Looking at the instructions, I wasn't able too rename by YOUR_TEMPLATE folder in includes/templates as there was another folder in there already called that. Perhaps this is why I can't get the module to work. PLEASE HELP!!!