Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter-Only Subscriptions for v1.3x

Sorry for the confusion. What I meant was that the contribution is active everywhere except in the "layout boxes controller". I do not have the option to use that box anywhere.

The rest of the options for the contribution are fine. I can view the contribution in the "my configuration" and I can view the users it has already merged in.

I just want to figure out how I can add the box to the sideboxes in the store.

The version of the contribution I am using is 2.0.5.

Thanks again!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by offnetrob
    Sorry for the confusion. What I meant was that the contribution is active everywhere except in the "layout boxes controller". I do not have the option to use that box anywhere.
    That sounds like the files aren't in place.
    Check the tempate that you use (I'll use 'foo' as the example) in:

/includes/modules/sideboxes/foo/subscribe.php
    /includes/templates/foo/sideboxes/tpl_subscribe.php

These were in 'YOUR_TEMPLATE' folders that you needed to rename to 'foo' or the name of your template.

-Ng_
    NotGoddess (Sara Jacobson)
    NotGoddess.com

Plugin Contributions

I'm probably doing something lame. I installed Newletter Subscribe v 2.0.5 in Zencart 1.3.0.2 and everything works except it doesn't show in the layout Boxes area. Any ideas?

brynn :-)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brynn
    I'm probably doing something lame. I installed Newletter Subscribe v 2.0.5 in Zencart 1.3.0.2 and everything works except it doesn't show in the layout Boxes area. Any ideas?

brynn :-)
    See the post just above yours. Verify that the templates/modules are in the right folders.
    NotGoddess.com

Plugin Contributions

Re: Newsletter-Only Subscriptions for v1.3x

Hi,

I just installed this mod and everything is great, however, I noticed none of my emails are reaching their destinations anymore. Yesterday, all was good and I was receiving emails in MSN, Yahoo and Telus test accounts, but since the install, I'm not getting anything.

Has anyone else experienced this or is this just a freakish coincidence on my end?

Cheers,

Colin

Plugin Contributions

send a test email to an account you own.

disable subscriptions (in configuration see readme for where)

try again

if no luck:

replace the functions/email.php (not in place to look up name...but email functions)
    with the backup you made.
    ditto for audience.php

try again.

report back.
    NotGoddess.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi NG,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I made the post late last night and wasn't near the computer all day.

I disabled the mod under 'my store' and uploaded the backups of audience.php and functions_email.php but I am still unable to receive email. The only account is seems to get passed is gmail and even then it's put into the 'junk' folder.

I'm going to email my isp and see if anything changed and hopefully it's not this mod.

Cheers,

Colin

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Radish
    I disabled the mod under 'my store' and uploaded the backups of audience.php and functions_email.php but I am still unable to receive email. The only account is seems to get passed is gmail and even then it's put into the 'junk' folder.
    Those two files are the only ones related to the actual email process...if the module was responsible, replacing those with the backups should have fixed.

But you said you are getting email at one account, that indicates that the server is sending mail.

Are you using shared hosting?
    If the emails from your site were never previously parsed as 'junk' it sounds like your ip (shared with others) or that of your mail server has been blacklisted for sending spam (not that you did, but others using the same shared ip did). You might check your mail server's ip against a blacklist search, such as is done here:
    http://www.mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

If it has been blacklisted, your host has to be notified so they can try to rectify it.

Another thing to check is where the email is said to be coming from (your store email or nobody AT yourstore DOT com) - some places block the 'nobody' senders as well.

(You can google mail smtp blacklist, etc for a gazillion articles on other possiblities as well).

-Ng_
    NotGoddess.com

Plugin Contributions

Ng,

Thanks for the reply. I ran my ip in the site you gave me and it appears on one of the lists. I've emailed my host to see if they can do anything to fix the problem. Once a site has been blacklisted, is it a real process to 'remove' the blacklisting?

Thanks again for your help and many thanks for your mod. I'm super poor right now, but I look forward to giving a donation soon enough.

Colin

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ng,

Sorry to post again, but I was doing some other testing and when I signed up for an account with a duplicate email address i got this ugly sql error:

Code:
    1062 Duplicate entry '[email protected]' for key 2
    in:
    [INSERT INTO subscribers (customers_id, email_address, email_format, confirmed) VALUES ('9', '[email protected]', 'HTML', '1')]
    If I refresh, it goes back to my cart with the proper error displayed. I can try to submit again, and an alert pops up stating my 'state' needs to have more than 2 characters.

I found this code in a post a while back:

Code:
    ALTER TABLE `subscribers` CHANGE `subscriber_id` `subscriber_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT
    Is this something I should run from my ZC admin?

Thanks again,

Colin

Page 26 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast