Plugin Contributions

configure.php error problem

Hello...

I installed Zen Cart locally on Windows using IIS...I keep on getting the Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\zencart/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file. error.

I am sure that the file is set to read only, but it keeps coming up. Just wondering if the file path should have forward and back slashes (see above)...or is there something wierd going on?

Should I be setting the file permissions using my Internet Services Manager or should I edit them directly. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: configure.php error problem

False Alarm on the answer.. Sorry !

I have a similar problem :

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /var/www/html/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I checked the Help/FAQ pages. It says to give permission in specified folders- for "Read" "Write" " Execute" in all box's " Owner" "Other" "World"

I tried it. - No go ! Late night - Could have missed one

Concerned like you - Would'nt this leave us exposed to hackers ??

ps. First time installer, This is my first post here
    If this gets asked every 2 weeks, let me know !

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: configure.php error problem

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline

Hello...

I installed Zen Cart locally on Windows using IIS...I keep on getting the Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\zencart/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file. error.

I am sure that the file is set to read only, but it keeps coming up. Just wondering if the file path should have forward and back slashes (see above)...or is there something wierd going on?

Should I be setting the file permissions using my Internet Services Manager or should I edit them directly. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I may have away around it. Access your file with your Host control - " File Manager " or where you would normaly edit your file permission details.

File : includes/configure.php

Remove ALL of the "Write" check marks.

This removed my warning, but I fear it will also prohibit me from making changes outside the host server. Probaly have to enable "Write" for the "Owner" to change web design, then Disable the "Write" features once you have finished uploading.

"File Manager" worked the best for me / Host: DOTeasy - Ultra

Disclaimer :
    I'm new at this php stuff. So keep my user name in mind if it does'nt work OK !

Plugin Contributions

Re: configure.php error problem

Pauline,

I think I found out how to fix this. Bear in mind I’m new to Windows Sever OS's. What I did was use Windows Explorer and navigated to the "includes" folder. From there I right clicked and did Properties. You will see the the "READ ONLY" box has a check mark in it. Uncheck that, click Apply then OK. After that go into the "includes" folder and right click "configure.php" and do proporties and check the "READ ONLY" box for configure.php. Click Apply then OK.

That should remove the nifty red banner.

Sorry for the lengthy instructions... =)

Let me know if it works!!

Drew.