Plugin Contributions

Site Map: Remove unwanted links?

How do you go about removing or excluding the New Products, Specials and Reviews links on Site Map. I don't intend to utilize these pages, therefore I don't think their links need to display on the site map.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Site Map: Remove unwanted links?

Have you tried turning these pages 'off' in the admin? Do they still show up on the site map if disabled?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra
    Have you tried turning these pages 'off' in the admin? Do they still show up on the site map if disabled?
    By turn "off" I assume you mean in the Layout Settings. I tried this and it didn't remove their respective site map links. Other ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you wish them not to appear on your site map, simply edit your template file and remove them:
    includes/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/templates/tpl_site_map_default.php
    PHP Code:
              <li><?php echo '<a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) . '">' PAGE_PRODUCTS_NEW '</a>'?></li>
              <li><?php echo '<a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' PAGE_SPECIALS '</a>'?></li>
              <li><?php echo '<a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS) . '">' PAGE_REVIEWS '</a>'?></li>

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

That did it. Thanks, DrByte!

BTW, I posted my Backup MySQL Database question if you care to take a gander: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37289

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    That did it. Thanks, DrByte!

BTW, I posted my Backup MySQL Database question if you care to take a gander: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37289

Hi,

I was looking to do this as well, but I think this may have changed with a new version of Zencart? That file doesn't seem to be in the same place and commenting out or deleting those lines caused errors. Sorry to be not so specific, I was just working on it a bit ago and don't want to reproduce them. If anyone can re-address this with the current version that would be great. For now I have just removed the "Site Map" link from the Information.php file so the site map isn't visible as a work around.

Thanks!

Alex

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you wish them not to appear on your site map, simply edit your template file and remove them:
    includes/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/templates/tpl_site_map_default.php
    PHP Code:
              <li><?php echo '<a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_NEW) . '">' PAGE_PRODUCTS_NEW '</a>'?></li>
              <li><?php echo '<a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS) . '">' PAGE_SPECIALS '</a>'?></li>
              <li><?php echo '<a href="' zen_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS) . '">' PAGE_REVIEWS '</a>'?></li>
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahnstoermer View Post
    I was looking to do this as well, but I think this may have changed with a new version of Zencart? That file doesn't seem to be in the same place and commenting out or deleting those lines caused errors. Sorry to be not so specific, I was just working on it a bit ago and don't want to reproduce them. If anyone can re-address this with the current version that would be great. For now I have just removed the "Site Map" link from the Information.php file so the site map isn't visible as a work around.
    The code is still in the same file, in the same place even in v1.3.7.1.
    What errors do you get?
    What's the link to your site-map page ?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The code is still in the same file, in the same place even in v1.3.7.1.
    What errors do you get?
    What's the link to your site-map page ?
    DrByte,

Thanks for your reply - I think I'm going to leave this feature off now anyway since it won't show the "other half" of my site (all HTML at the moment, plan to convert it over to a CSS format once I have time to learn it better). I may revisit this later but just wanted to say thanks for offering to assist.

Alex