Plugin Contributions

Help with install pleaseeee

I am very... VERY "untechnical". I was happy to see step by step instructions on how to install in the zip file. I have an ftp, and I downloaded the Crimson Editor. I uploaded zencart to my server in the specified folder. Then I came to a screeching halt. It wants me to Creatie the configure.php files "Two files need to be created on the server. These are the configure.php files that identify the settings of your particular server and the location of the files that you just loaded. After they have been created, you will then need to change the permissions on these files" I have no idea what it's asking me to do here.

Also, oh please don't laugh too hard... I've never used shopping cart technology before... I don't know how to utilize this software in my frontpage. How exactly am I going to insert the shopping cart and what I want it to do on my pages? I haven't yet gotten to the end of the instructions.... so maybe it will further explain things for me, but as of yet, I'm not seeing anything clear cut. Please help if at all possible. I have msn mesesnger or yahoo messenger if it helps at all. I'd be forever in your debt if you could step me through this!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with install pleaseeee

Permissions are a pain in arse especially if done through a control panel on the web.
    The best way to get permission changes is to create a trouble ticket and have the techs assign the permissions for you.

From my understanding, after you have uploaded all your files onto the web server, try install the shopping cart. If you have trouble installing, then rename all the .htaccess files, and install again.

Plugin Contributions

In your FTP program ... if you click right on a file that you have highlighted you should have options for changing the permissions or chmod ...

When first installing Zen Cart, you need to have the two files:

/includes/configure.php

/admin/includes/configure.php

The easiest way to do this is to rename the existing files in those directory called:

dist-configure.php

to the new name:

configure.php

and then set the permissions to 777

This is much faster than waiting on your hosting site's tech support and you should really learn to manage your files yourself for ease of use of your shop ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

If your web hosting service declines the ' 777 ' value from your FTP access, simply try it out from your cPanel's web hosting service account. This should definitely work.

Note: By the way, there are no CHMOD settings from Windows Server. Meaning, you'd need to, either, contact your web hosting service in order, for them, to set a higher permission level towards your account or, if you're the actual web hosting provider, you can edit this out from your IIS Settings under your control panel window.