Plugin Contributions

Default Footer problem & Catagories - Tabs Menu

O.K. My store is just about ready for launch but I have two last problems.

I am using Zen Cart version 3.01 and am modifiying the Purpleshades template:
    My website is www.bckites.ca

1. The footer should be rounded out like the top however, it appears to repeat itself. It should be rounded out and grey at the bottom like the top.

2. My catagories - tabs menu should be contained within the mainwrapper instead of outside of it (it will make sense once you look at the store) This is also a problem in the footer text section.

Any advice that can be given would be great.

Thanks,

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Footer problem & Catagories - Tabs Menu

Ok - the footer problem will be related to this in your footer template:

background="includes/templates/purpleshades/images/footer_bg.gif"

You need to change this to use a css style which calls the background image, then set the background image to no-repeat.

Not sure what you mean about the categories tabs wrapper - none show in FFox for your footer section

Plugin Contributions

Jim,

I changed my footer and added the no-repeat. It looks like:
    /* footer
    --------------*/

TABLE.footer {
    background-color: #666666;
    text-align: center;
    font-size: 10px;
    /*border-right: 1px solid Purple;
    border-left: 1px solid Purple;
    border-bottom: 1px solid Purple;*/
    }

TR.footertop {
    background: #666666;
    background-image: url(../images/footer_bg.gif) no-repeat;
    font-size: 11px;
    }

TD.footertop, TD.footerbottom {
    padding: 5px;
    background-image: url(../images/footer_top.gif);
    }

/*miscellaneous areas

But my footer still does not look like my header. I think it is still repeating itself?? Am I missing something???

Thanks,
    Adam
    http://www.bckites.ca

Plugin Contributions

I fixed the problem by simply increasing the height of my footer_bg.gif image.

This now works fine. I will post a more precise question about my header navigation later in the future.

Thanks your help :)

Plugin Contributions

fortuna

First an opinion, I see your site page is probably 1000 pixels +, most people use 800, if you want the page to fit several resolutions you need widths as 100% for the bits of the page concerned.

But maybe you want it that way...

I'm using the purpleshades 1.3 too, there's some sort of a hiccup in the common/tpl_header.php, if you compare the file code, its not same as my 1.3.2 equivalent standard downloaded zencart 1.3.2 file in terms of i.d version....

I think its out of date, on mine I get a 'no_picture' picture stuck underneath the product lists (or any other page)

I can't locate where the 'no pic' comes from, but by the pic, in the page html is
    Code:
     <!--bof-optional categories tabs navigation display-->
    (and eof the same) which definately should be in the header html, not down the bottom..

I think 1.3 is throwing parts of the template out, much as a table gets stuff placed outside it, if the browser can't properly understand the html.

If anyone knows if there's a purpleshades general thread that covers 1.3 let me know?

In the meantime I'm going to merge the purpletemplates supplied tpl_header.php code mods, into the proper 1.3.2 file version, see if that fixes things.

Plugin Contributions

Hi all

Just thought I would add some info about Purpleshades and 1.3X

Purpleshades for 1.3 is a tables version ported from an earlier 1.2X version of Purpleshades. It was done this way to give the many users of this template a quick upgrade whilst they figured out the CSS for 1.3.

I have not created a CSS only version of Purpleshades for 1.3 for very good reasons. Quite simply, the 1.3X css file which comes shipped with ZC contains all the hooks people need to create a 1.3X version of Purpleshades. By comparing the default css and the purpleshades css, it is really only a matter of figuring out where the background images go and moving them over to a CSS only file for 1.3

Secondly, the categories tabs menu is placed in the footer because this illustrates how simple it is to move things around in the design. This design has the tabs in the footer not the header. You can put them back if you want.

Thirdly, as I stated it is a tables version not a CSS only version. So the header is tables based. I have no idea why the image is appearing in the top corner but I rather think it is either a plugin which requires a css style and this style is not in the stylesheet, or a missing style from the default css.

If enough people ask me I will create a css only version of Purpleshades but since you already have Kuroi's future template (css only) and Purpleshades (tables based), it should not be too hard for anyone to create it themselves.

Hope this clears up a few questions and helps you out.

JJ

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hareslade
    fortuna

I'm using the purpleshades 1.3 too, there's some sort of a hiccup in the common/tpl_header.php, if you compare the file code, its not same as my 1.3.2 equivalent standard downloaded zencart 1.3.2 file in terms of i.d version....

I think its out of date, on mine I get a 'no_picture' picture stuck underneath the product lists (or any other page)

I can't locate where the 'no pic' comes from, but by the pic, in the page html is
    Code:
     <!--bof-optional categories tabs navigation display-->
    (and eof the same) which definately should be in the header html, not down the bottom..
    I assume you've found it already, but you're right -- 1.3.2 has some differences. Change

Code:
    <?php echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner); ?>
    to

Code:
    &nbsp;|&nbsp;
    <a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, '', 'NONSSL'); ?>">
    <?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG; ?></a>
    &nbsp;|&nbsp;
    in \includes\templates\purpleshades\common\tpl_footer.php

to fix the 'no_picture' picture stuck underneath the product lists (or any other page)