Plugin Contributions

Default Coupons and Paypal

this may have been asked but i have no time to search right now...

1) customer has a gift certificate and is using it to purchase items with a coupon code to get items on sale. Says she owes $0 and it goes direct to paypal wanting $0 paid, but it won't take it...customers shouldn't have to pay a penny to get it to take.

2) coupon code set up for 100% off - free - has always worked in the past is now wanting a penny paid to Paypal to complete orders.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Coupons and Paypal

What version of Zen Cart are you using? Was this a clean install or an upgrade?

Plugin Contributions

it was a clean install back in march and has had no problems like this until today.

Plugin Contributions

PS - if they buy ONE item at a time the codes work without paypal charging. if they put multiple items in their cart it charges a penny.

Plugin Contributions

What is the Zen Cart Version? Check your admin> Tools> Server Info

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart 1.2.7

Plugin Contributions

So, one problem solved.... sorta

On the one that is a gift certificate only - the cart is acting like they have to pay a penny but it never actually takes a penny from PayPal.

On the other hand - the customer is trying to apply a coupon code that has restrictions on some items so it won't apply to the entire sale...and then checkout with a Gift Certificate. This is the problem they just explained to me:

I haven't put anything through yet, but I've been experimenting, and it seems to be tied into Kristy's coupon code. If I use the GC to pay without using the discount code, then on the step 3 page, the payment method is blank, even with multiple items in my cart. But if I use the discount code and the GC, even just for one item, then it shows the payment method as Paypal and I get the same problem as before where it takes me to the Paypal page.

Also, if I enter a balance from the GC that is MORE than the amount owed while using the discount code, it gives me a negative total (which, of course, Paypal doesn't like either), but if I do that without the code, it just brings it down to zero. Apparently, using a GC along with the discount code confuses the cart.

Plugin Contributions

using a GC along with the discount code confuses the cart.
    Discount Coupons should always come before Gift Vouchers in the Order Total module. If they come after Gift Vouchers then you'll have problems.

Vger