Thread: text option

Plugin Contributions

Default text option

hi, i have a need to add a custom text option to the attributes. right now there are several option sizes to choose from and each are individually priced (so you dont get the price until you get to the checkout), however, when i add the text box as an attribute and make it +9.99 the 9.99 shows up as the base price on the product page automatically. I got rid of this by adding a select size option for each of the drop downs which solved that problem but i'm not sure how i get around this using a text box???

www.bluefrogprintworks.com/gallery if you look in the first category you'll see i made the text an option in dropdown like the others and that works but now there is no place to input text. Stumped!

Also, on checkout it shows all of the size options listed instead of just the one chosen. Is there a way to get rid of those not selected?

thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: text option

I can currently select one of your pictures to be both Landscape - 16 x 10 and Square - 10 x 10. The prices add correctly, but you don't really want to sell them that way. The ideal arrangement might be to select the style and then be presented with a list of available sizes, but that (known as "dependent attributes") is not possible without custom javascript coding.
    What you can do to cause correct selection is put all of the style/size options in one dropdown or radiobutton option name called something like Style/Size. Give them sort orders so they show in logical sequence, and this part will function correctly.

The text is trickier. If you were pricing it by the word or letter, you would get no charge unless they entered something. Since it is a fixed-price option, you might have to do something like a radiobutton called Add Text? with no being free and yes being $9.99. Then put the text input without price. If they fill it in without selecting "yes", they won't be charged, but you don't have to give it to them free. This might require careful layout to ensure that people who want text click "yes".

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: text option

thanks so much for your reply... great ideas. I will give them a shot!