Plugin Contributions

Default Change URL in email welcome

How would I change the URL at the bottom of the email welcome under store owner? I would like it to just be the url not the directory of the shop. Anyone know how to do this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change URL in email welcome

It's under languages/[your_language]/create_account.php : EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE

Copy the file to languages/[your language]/[your template]/create_account.php and edit to your content. (If you don't copy it can be overwritten by upgrades).

-Ng_

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Change URL in email welcome

I'm having trouble modifying that code.
    Code:
    define('EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE','Sincerely,' . "\n\n" . STORE_OWNER . "\nStore Owner\n\n". '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . '">'.HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG ."</a>\n\n");
    Every time I try to change out the "a href=" out to reflect the new link i get an error when creating a new account. Im sure something is wrong with my changes to the code as im still new to this... does anyone know how to change out that code to create a different home link?
    John L.
    MultiMedia Designer

Plugin Contributions

i'm trying to do the same thing too, getting rid of the /shop part in the url. i found the file and copied it to my_template folder under english. but i have no idea how to edit it.. or i should say i have no idea what to change it to? anyone can point me in the right direction?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yaby View Post
    i'm trying to do the same thing too, getting rid of the /shop part in the url. i found the file and copied it to my_template folder under english. but i have no idea how to edit it.. or i should say i have no idea what to change it to? anyone can point me in the right direction?
    Yaby,

I'm taking a guess based on what I saw on your site. Your store is one level down (/shop as you said), so to have the email point to your main site you would do:
    Code:

define('EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE','Sincerely,' . "\n\n" . STORE_OWNER . "\nStore Owner\n\n". '<a href="' . HTTP_SERVER . '/' . '">'.HTTP_SERVER . '/' ."</a>\n\n");
    HTTP_SERVER is the uri to your main site (http://yourdomain.com)
    DIR_WS_CATALOG is the path from there to your shop (/shop/).
    In this case you would take out the catalog path and just add a trailing / (for proper syntax-you always end in a / or page name (html etc).

You can use any text editor (like notepad) to edit this.

-Ng_
    NotGoddess (Sara Jacobson)
    NotGoddess.com

Plugin Contributions

notgoddess you goddess!! that did the trick! i don't understand the syntax at all so thanks so much for explaining it to me!! *^####################_^*

Plugin Contributions

I would like the URL to be completely different from the HTTP_SERVER. I have tried a whole bunch of different things, but I keep getting an error. This is what I currently have:

Code:
    define('EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE','Sincerely,' . "\n\n" . STORE_OWNER . "\n\n". '<a href="' http://www.actionformsinc.com '">'www.actionformsinc.com"</a>\n\n");
    Thanks, Colleen
    www.af-company.com
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978

Plugin Contributions

Ok I found the answer in another thread, just in case anyone is looking to do the same thing, it is:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ight=url+email
    Thanks, Colleen
    www.af-company.com
    To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer. Farmers' Almanac, 1978