Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade question

I just recently took over a site that is using an older version of Zen Cart. I would like to update to the most recent version but due to the previous webmaster doing some core changes I think my best bet would be to do a fresh install and slowly transfer parts of the site over on my test server. I have a few concerns about the databases. I basically just want to know if the customer database is compatable. I would hate to loose all customer accounts. I'm not so worried about transaction history or anything as we have paper copies of everything here.

If someone could ease my worries and let me know what steps I should take that'd be greatly appreciated. I am installing the latest version on my test server today. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade question

The database-upgrade step in the zc_install/index.php process will bring forward all your customer and order history, upgrading the database structure to match the new setup.

Naturally, you would want to do a "test upgrade" in a safe place before doing the "live" site.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.