Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

yes but how do i get to the page to edit it!!!!!!

dan

Plugin Contributions

hello dan

did you install with fantistico? if so...this is a problem i had when i started...reading about what files to edit but not knowing how to get to them

you need a copy of all the files on your computer hard drive so download them from sourceforge.... unzip it to your hard drive

you need a good text editor...crimson is free

browse the files on you computer to find your downloaded zencart file set...go through the folders to find the file you need to change...in your case to find

includes/languages/english/header.php

open the "includes" folder then the "languages" folder then the "english" folder...in this last folder you'll find the file named header.php

edit this file in you text editor and "save as" in a new folder called whatever your_template is

then you need an ftp client to upload files that you change...filezilla is good and free

connect to your server with filezilla....on the right are the files on your server...the left the files on your computer...

click through the folders (in a folder called public_html or equivalent) on your server till you get to includes/languages/english/ in the english folder create a new folder and call it whatever your_template is

open up your_template on the server side... and go over to the computer side

find the copy of includes/languages/english/your_template/header.php on your computer....upload header.php to includes/languages/english/your_template/ on your server

if you've changed your template in admin > tools >template selection to whatever your_template is then you should see you changes online

hope that helps yourself and others...

Plugin Contributions

Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

Quote Originally Posted by monkeymadness
    hello dan

did you install with fantistico? if so...this is a problem i had when i started...reading about what files to edit but not knowing how to get to them

you need a copy of all the files on your computer hard drive so download them from sourceforge.... unzip it to your hard drive

you need a good text editor...crimson is free

browse the files on you computer to find your downloaded zencart file set...go through the folders to find the file you need to change...in your case to find

includes/languages/english/header.php

open the "includes" folder then the "languages" folder then the "english" folder...in this last folder you'll find the file named header.php

edit this file in you text editor and "save as" in a new folder called whatever your_template is

then you need an ftp client to upload files that you change...filezilla is good and free

connect to your server with filezilla....on the right are the files on your server...the left the files on your computer...

click through the folders (in a folder called public_html or equivalent) on your server till you get to includes/languages/english/ in the english folder create a new folder and call it whatever your_template is

open up your_template on the server side... and go over to the computer side

find the copy of includes/languages/english/your_template/header.php on your computer....upload header.php to includes/languages/english/your_template/ on your server

if you've changed your template in admin > tools >template selection to whatever your_template is then you should see you changes online

hope that helps yourself and others...

Hi,
    Thanks for all your help but I am very sorry to ask you for the link of what I need to download I went to the website and got so confused.

I really am so sorry.

Daniel

Plugin Contributions

hehe at the top of the forum it says "get zen cart"

which takes you to

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...kage_id=171544

click on the

zen-cart-v1.3.0.2-full-fileset.zip

and choose your nearest location to download the files

its all a bit daunting at first but once you get the hang of it hopefully you'll love it too

good luck

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

I'm so pround!!!!

All I did was go to filezilla.sourceforge.net

Downloaded FileZilla and downloaded the files through that!!

Now I can customised my Page!!! I never new i could!!!!!

Plugin Contributions

have fun

Plugin Contributions

New Zenners should know about the 'no image' picture, and how it can be done automatically.

(I uploaded a whole bunch of "no image" pictures manually before I found that...which was right now...and I still don't know how to use it.

Also, new zenners should be directed to Image Handler, I just found that one too, wish I had it months ago.

And there may be more mods and such that would be good for newbies to know about, but thats what I know about and wish I had months ago.

Plugin Contributions

We become a global society with the internet and that society tends to stand in front of the microwave and holler, "Hurry Up!"

How many of you still have shrink-wrapped instruction manuals all over the house?

How many, like my son-in-law, installed an LCD screen with a giant bracket only to find it did not have one cable installed properly. Only needed to set the delay for surround sound! EVERY movie is Godzilla with English dubbed! And, there's "not enough time to get it down and connected properly."

I still feel that the index page for ZC_Install should present the option of reading the docs, FAQ's, and Wiki with a recommendation to do so before continuing.

80% still won't do it BUT they'll have seen that there are docs, FAQ's and the wiki. Maybe it won't come as such a shock later.

Plugin Contributions

in reply to dbltoe: I don't know if you're saying stuff in response to my previous post or everything else in this thread...I haven't kept up with it.

I did find the information I was looking for in the wiki docs, but damn, things just aren't easy to find.

I really think the biggest problem is that there is just TOO much information, too many options, too many little details. Too many things that have similar names, and do similar things, but don't do the same thing.

I don't think it's bad, it just takes a long time to become a zen master, and if you're looking for something specifically, it can be difficult to sift through pages and pages and pages of forum topics, and then you post your questions and sometimes all you get is "use the Search form!"

And that's not just here, any information forum I've ever been on...there are thousands of threads and it can be very difficult to find information.

The Wiki doc takes a nice approach for the admin section, listing every option and has a description...but it needs to be easier to find, the Admin is one of the most confusing parts of Zen Cart because there are just so many options.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones
    Bruce,

To get you started, here are two of of the most common questions I've seen.

How do I change the "sales message goes here" text.

How do I change/turn off "Welcome Guest" message.

I also see lots of questions on modifing the tpl_product_info_display.php

Let me know if you would like some help with the project.
    Ok I give up. How do you change the sales message and welcome message.

Stewart

Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast