Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

Quote Originally Posted by smprowse
    I'm a real new Zenner and I would like to know how to post a new thread.

I do not need to post right now but yesterday I searched and searched for a way to post a new thread. It took me a long time but I finally found a button that took me to a new post box.

Today, I'm looking again but cannot find a way, so having a "Post New" button in the navigation would be great.
    There is a new thread button. You navigate to the section in which you want your post to appear and a new thread button will appear at both the top and bottom of the page.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hey, kuroi, Cool and thanks.

I still think it should be included in "Things every New Zenner needs to Know" because I didnt' know that and I'm sure I'm not the only new person who didn't know how to start a new post (or could I be the only one? lol).

Thanks,

Syl

Plugin Contributions

You're not the only one. It took me a while to figure this out when the current version of the forum was launched, and over 1,000 posts later I've still used that button less than 20 times

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Being an absolutely new Zenner, I wonder if the Tutorials were don and, if so, where are they please? Thanks alot.

Plugin Contributions

Tutorials are being worked on. Until then there is lots of information int eh FAQ, and an increasing amount in the Wiki. There are links to both at the top of the page.

Plugin Contributions

Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

Being a new zenner myself I also suggest reading the Archives, lots of good stuff there, I found a tremendous amount of info there.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/archive/index.php/
    Fabio-
    ~Zenning one day at a time~
    www.apostle.com

Plugin Contributions

Default This new Zennie needs help**

The fourms are confussing.
    Where can I go to find out to correct the place where my cart goes to my webpages?
    Can this site be used with FrontPage?
    I think this cart is to difficult for me to get connects. I enjoyed setting up products but other than I am just completely lost.
    Help in austin.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I don't quite get your questions but I can tell you that ANYTHING is better than FrontPage. It inserts code whenever and wherever it feels like.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Manuals : On and Off line

Having had about fifteen years experience with various computer projects I've long appreciated the need for a good, well-written guide and manual for any new participant and plan. That combined with my software engineering background has always given me a methodical approach to any new project, and looking into the Zen cart is another new exercise for me.

Having read throgh this thread I see there is a need to build up an easy-to-read and effective step-by-step description of the cart, its structure and function, ideally illustrated and easily navigable.

My first thought was that you ought to look at reproducing the old Zen pdf manual, which is a good starter for me even though it is a couple of years old.

Does anyone here know the writer Ken Alger, and is the source file available for up-dating?

Once you have this in place it's just a matter of running a regular update of a source master document, drawing together writing and image captures from other contributors and placing the new pdf printed file for download.

Certainly it's a lot easier to print and read a 100+ page manual than try hunting around scores of linked pages, FAQs, Wiki references, and getting lost in the process.

The other good source I found here seems to be the site being created by JollyJim referred to earlier in this thread by Woody.
    ##############.helpfiles.co.uk/

Although it seems incomplete is could be the basis of a very friendly and easy-to-use reference manual that many may contribute to in an ongoing project? Again this could use illustrations (the same ones?) as in a printed manual.

If you needed to create both an online and and offline experience then these two suggestions might be the most efficient routes to follow.

Last edited by Kim; 26 Aug 2006 at 02:43 PM.

Plugin Contributions

How do I change the template?

How do I change the template. I've tried downloading ones and I can't figure it out. I would rather make my own and I can not figure out how to do that ether. Can someone please help me. And could you please tell me in normal English instead of computer lingo, that just confuses me even more.
    Please help me.
    Thanks,
    tomcoug

Page 15 of 74 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast