Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Things every New Zenner needs to know

Quote Originally Posted by clydejones View Post
    Tutorial/FAQ section (link at the top of the page)

article=125

article=129

article=127
    Sigh, I have done all that...and upload what? I have edited and re-edited, nade new files and copied and pasted, and even tried making anew file in HTML-Kit and uploading that, to no avail. I guess I just don't get it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by maddragon View Post
    Sigh, I have done all that...and upload what? I have edited and re-edited, nade new files and copied and pasted, and even tried making anew file in HTML-Kit and uploading that, to no avail. I guess I just don't get it.
    a link to your site would be useful.

Plugin Contributions

"Don't Panic"

Back to basics - have you found the original source .php files referred to in the tutorials and understood where the standard welcome messages are located?

Just understanding the layout, the root paths, of all the files can be tricky for any newcomer so a lot of exploring can help here.

The simplest way, although you must make backup copies of your original files, is to edit them directly, with a plain text editor. Use search tools to identify the documents you need to edit.

As you begin to understand the layout and read up on the template system you'll see where you can place your edited copies in a template folder for your own styles.

But for now you need a quick and dirty solution so it's on to edit the originals in the classic template.

I hope this is your test site and not your final public store.

"Why dumb down when we can rise up?" Worldmaker / BonDevZone Store

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by worldmaker View Post
    "Don't Panic"

Back to basics - have you found the original source .php files referred to in the tutorials and understood where the standard welcome messages are located?

Just understanding the layout, the root paths, of all the files can be tricky for any newcomer so a lot of exploring can help here.

The simplest way, although you must make backup copies of your original files, is to edit them directly, with a plain text editor. Use search tools to identify the documents you need to edit.

As you begin to understand the layout and read up on the template system you'll see where you can place your edited copies in a template folder for your own styles.

But for now you need a quick and dirty solution so it's on to edit the originals in the classic template.

I hope this is your test site and not your final public store.

Test site? Now I am really confused. I only want one site. I uploaded a new template in hopes of fixing these problems, but they are still there! Haven't pointed my site to my domain yet, as it is nowhere near being ready. Need template finished before I start uploading products. This is what it looks like ATM : http://maddragon.startlogic.com/public_html/ Worse than the original.

Plugin Contributions

Test site? Now I am really confused. I only want one site. I uploaded a new template in hopes of fixing these problems, but they are still there! Haven't pointed my site to my domain yet, as it is nowhere near being ready. Need template finished before I start uploading products. This is what it looks like ATM : http://maddragon.startlogic.com/public_html/ Worse than the original.
    You are using a template called moslygrey.

To remove the congratulations message, do the following:

copy the file includes/languages/english/index.php

to

includes/languages/english/moslygrey/index.php

Now edit the copied file:

scroll down to the bottom and find the following section:
    Code:
       define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.');
    } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {
      // This section deals with displaying a subcategory
      /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
      define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart™ E-Commerce Solution.'); 
    }
    ?>
    change the highlighted sections to suit your needs.

Plugin Contributions

YAY! One down three to go....Thanks for all the input :)

Plugin Contributions

YAY! One down three to go....Thanks for all the input :)
    OK let's take on the logo and tagline.

First create your logo image and save it to

includes/templates/moslygrey/images/logo.gif

Now copy the file

includes/languages/english/header.php

to includes/english/moslygrey/header.php

edit the copied file change the highlighted section to suit your needs

Code:
      define('HEADER_ALT_TEXT', 'Powered by Zen Cart :: The Art of E-Commerce');
      define('HEADER_SALES_TEXT', 'TagLine Here');
      define('HEADER_LOGO_WIDTH', '192px');
      define('HEADER_LOGO_HEIGHT', '64px');
      define('HEADER_LOGO_IMAGE', 'logo.gif');
    As a sidenote: make sure the logo width and height match the width and height of your newly created logo image.

Plugin Contributions

WooHoo, not the best logo in the world, but at least now I know how to change it! Thanks a million! What;s next?

Plugin Contributions

WooHoo, not the best logo in the world, but at least now I know how to change it! Thanks a million! What;s next?
    Start adding your products!

Plugin Contributions

i have a lot of problems with the lingo. Also so many things are assumed in the tutorials, for example, last night I was trying to set up a downloadable product. I found the tutorial about attributes & finally figured all of that out, but had NO IDEA that I had to put my file in the "downloads" folder. I finally figured it out, but I really think that the instructions for these things should be written as if to someone who has no experience. The very beginning of those instructions should have had step-by-step instructions for how to put my file in the folder, ie 1. zip your file. 2.using an FTP progran put it here: (give a tree or whatever it is called). Be sure when you name it in the attributes that it has .zip as part of the name. None of this was there & it caused me a lot of frustration. I have had so many similar experiences with tutorials & when I have posted for help. The basic stuff is left out & therefore the answers either don't make sense or there are big holes in the info becuase of my lack of skills & experience. I would include the link to the tutorial/downloadable instructions that I used, but can't find it now.

Page 63 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast