Thread: Easy populate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Easy populate

Okay so as I read this thread, I was shot down at the last minute. This is only available for oscommerce and will not be available for zencart? That is really a bummer!
    H. Light
    Florida

Plugin Contributions

hello, i dont know if im in the right thread, actually i just want to know if somebody can help me about easy populate, i have installed it correctly but my questions is if i upload my data why is it that it only write to temp directory but did not insert to my database, is there anything that i need to configure? please help me. thank you very much.

Plugin Contributions

Correct mod for latest zencart i.e. 1.3.8/1.3.8.a cabe be found at
    i.e.
    EasyPopulate v.1.2.5.4 at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/archived_con...s/admin-tools/
    Support thread for this version can be found at
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...=easy+populate

Plugin Contributions

I haven't been on the forum for a while and I forget how to start a new thread. (That's one question)

My Easy Populate question is that I have imported a large list of items, but made an error with some of the data. How do I delete a large list of products? Or how can I delete all my products? Once I perfect my downloading from my company's inventory I would prefer to delete ALL items and then upload current information.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to 'populate' hundreds of pictures to go with the products that I have? I know I can just upload to the /images directory but then there is no way (that I know of) to then associate a product or attribute to a particular picture.

Any help appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to 'populate' hundreds of pictures to go with the products that I have?
    Do you have Easy Populate? Are you good with Excel (or other editor capapble of handling CSV data)?

Using EP, create and copy to your hard drive the "all" data from your site. If you haven't defined any images yet, the image column will be empty. Using Excel's concatenate function create your list of image names -- I'm assuming they'll be in the form image_1.jpg, image_2.jpg in order for this concatenation to be helpful. If they are just a more or less random set of names, then you'll have to collect them from the image files in your file manager locally, and paste them into the image column in the right places within your data.

Once the data contains the correct image names, save and move the file back to your server and import it using EP again. Move the image files into the right folder(s) on the server and you should be good to go.

HTH

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    I developed Excel Populate analog of Easy Populate. My Excel Populate works directly with Excel and do not use CSV format
    Sorry to hack such an old topic... but how is it with the 'zen-cart version. i saw how easy this looked on the OS side and i don't get the easy side for us zenners.. this would realy look great for us to..
    is it somehow toghether yet?

Plugin Contributions

when you use easy populate with Open Office and select UTF-8 encoding when importing the EP file in Open Office calc then you have no problem what so ever..

The problem start when UTF-8 encoding is not selected.
    I came, I saw, I got zenned... :)

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I appear to be having problems with Easy Populate although I must admit I haven't tried it alot yet. Anyway, when I download the "complete file" and open/import it with Open Office calc and use the unicode UTF-8 character set, I get an error message saying "the maximum number of rows has been exceeded. Excess rows were not imported!" . It opens and looks normal enough but then midway down the list of products they are all on one row going all out to the right and are not broken into the correct columns. To make it clearer what is happening ,instead of having a list of 150 products, I have a list of 75 with one of the lines holding the other 75. Any ideas folks?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12