Plugin Contributions

Default Can user preview order

I have a single product with many options. If the buyer makes a mistake and doesn't realize it until he adds the item to his cart, he cannot go back and correct the option (as near as I can tell) on that particular order. If I specify max order of one (which I would like to do) they are blocked and if I allow more than one, it adds a second product. Is there a way for the user to preview the order and make corrections to the options on the same product?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by MaryK; 9 Jun 2006 at 10:41 PM. Reason: typo

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can user preview order

If they click on the product in their shopping cart, they are taken back to the screen with their options selected, allowing them to update their choices.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I know Dr. Byte, but if they make the correction and go back via "Shopping Cart" button the correction doesn't take. If they go back via "Add to Cart" it does take but of course adds a second one if there is no Max. Maybe there's an "Update Cart" button or something I have obliterated?
    Sorry to be so desperately dumb I wonder what I did to make it not work then.
    Thanks,
    Mary
    Last edited by MaryK; 9 Jun 2006 at 11:16 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You're not losing it. You're right - when they add to cart, they add another product to the cart. They would have to delete the other item to remove it from the cart. There is no "update" option available at present.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, DrByte. I'll just have to allow more than one order and tell them to correct first, delete later! Glad to know I haven't broken it (yet).