Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remotely Hosted Payment Page - Possible?!?!

No the values coming back can be read,
    there are several that do....

its coming back, just not coming back correctly is my guess,
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Hi Merlin,

I hear what you say but there are only so many ways to send a value back to another page.

I've tried adding it to the string which works perfectly for OSCommerce but sith ZC it brakes the string resulting in the the order not closing off.

I've tried sending it back as a hidden variable but again ZC can't read hidden variables because its not appearing in the order confirmation email - just blank or the acutal code as detailed in my posts before.

There MUST be some way to get ZC to read a value coming back to it from a gateway page. I would imagine this would have been a real basic thing, But its got me stumped why ZC can't do it.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Once again quit blamning ZEN....
    zen can read the variables coming back if they are presented correctly...

Paypal works ( when set up correctly )
    every other payment gateway works. tyeh ALL send information somewhere else and get it back ( real time pay mods )

Plugin Contributions

I am presenting it correctly to Zen. Its not really rocket science here. A value is coming back from a gateway page and Zen is failing to read it. I have weeks and weeks of trying different things together with your kind help and the help from Vger but, even with this expert assistance of "Zenners" here it makes no difference.

Blaming how the info comes to Zen is a cop out. I'll send it back to Zen in anyway you tell me, or anyone tells me, which you have, and which other people have too. And each time I done exactly as suggested which has covered numerous methods but still Zen won't read it.

As much as this loathes me to say this, Zen doesn't do it. Zen can't do it like OSCommerce can - you will perhaps disagree but the fact is this is the evidence we have in front of us after all our combined skills and knowledge have been applied to trying to get Zen to read a simple value being returned from a remotely hosted gateway solution. The bottom line is its not happening.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I have this gut feeling it should be checkout_process.php I need to be looking at to accept the returned value and not order.php, even though order.php formats the confirmation email which is where I want that value to appear.

I just don't know anymore, no options left.

Plugin Contributions

Before I quit and throw in the towel on ZC. Let me revisit what we know to date with this exercise...

1. We know the payment module works and is sending the remotely hosted payment solution a unique order number created by Zen from the payment module code.

2. We know the remotely hosted payment gateway is cleanly returning this order number value back to Zen.

3. We know OSCommerce handles it perfectly. We know Zen doesn't.

OK, so lets look at whats different between OSC and Zen at the final stage - and here I think rests the problem.

OSC receives everything back from a remotely hosted payment gateway with checkout_process.php. This file itself also formats the order confirmation email. So, being the receiving file it will naturally be able to read and slot in the unique order number value being returned to it from the gateway. Which it does and the order confirmation emails go out with the correct unique order numbers as passed back to it from the gateway. All is sweet.

Now, like OSC, Zen receives everything back from the remotely hosted payment gateway through checkout_process.php. BUT the confirmation email is formatted by order.php. This is another file.

This makes me think that maybe Zen's checkout_process.php is actually successfully reading the returned value (just as OSC does) but because the email is formatted by aother php file, it is not being passed from checkout_process.php to order.php.

In my mind thia would explain it. Zen's order.php does not actually have that value passed to it so how would it know what $ord means when formatting the confirmation email.

I'm going to try and work out how to capture the value in order_process.php and have it sent or recognised by order.php. This is my train of thought at the moment, please get back to me if you think I'm off the rails.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

I forwarded your files on to someone to take a look at em,

Plugin Contributions

Just a quick update.....

Zen's checkout_process.php is correctly reading the value being sent it from the remotely hosted gateway (just like OSC's)

So the task at hand is when checkout_process.php activates order.php to send out the confirmation emails, what code snippet do I add to checkout_process.php so it can be read by order.php - the same way checkout_process.php is reading the $ord value that is being sent to it from the remotely hosted gateway.

If anyone can suggest anything I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

What would be very useful, is a "bare bones" remoting payment module. since the available documentation is quite scant. I'd like to see a Paypal-like module with as much of the functionality removed as possible, ie. a "minimum code" module with the following features:

BARE BONES

1. Ability to pass cart details to a remote URL, and to receive a response.
    2. Option to install/remove module
    3. Ability to define the remote URL.

NICE EXTRAS

4. Ability to select which available cart information to pass.
    5. Option to choose GET/POST
    6. Ability to map the cart information to the customer form names for the remote processor. eg. my remote processor may require the customer's name to be called $realname

And of course a bit of documentation in the module to explain what's going on.

Regards,
    Ian Tresman

Plugin Contributions

What would be very useful, is a "bare bones" remoting payment module
    Please feel free to write one. And once you've done it post the info here, as I'm sure others would be interested to have it.

Vger

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast