Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remotely Hosted Payment Page - Possible?!?!

/index.php?main_page=checkout_process

is the correct path for checkout process..

the only thing I could see right off the top of my head is 1.
    you missed a the -> fields in the zone statements....

2. why did you add the .php to the end of the action path?
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

E-Path are being helpful but they are keen to get two demo examples of the zen cart happeneing (one raw and one custom) so the pressure on me is pretty insane
    Get them to code it. Payment Processing companies are always looking to get someone else to do their work for them - Pay Pal are favourites for doing this sort of thing.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Merlinpa1969 and Vger for your replies.

Merlinpa1969,
    1. Zones are not applicable cause the payment page is not charging the card in any currency, its merely obtaining authorisation from the card holder so the merchant can do this later through their merchant account, and the currency will be whatever the the cart says I guess.

2. The php is the file name. It ends up like this....

https://e-path.com.au/demo/xxx/xxx.php?

where xxx=MODULE_PAYMENT_EPATH_ID. E-Path makes a directory for each new merchant and its the same name as their unique payment page, hence MODULE_PAYMENT_EPATH_ID being mentioned twice in the action path of the module I sent you.

Hey Vger,
    They don't know much about carts Vger. It should be an easy set up, here is a snip of their brief to me....

As far as the actual cart communicating to your e-Path payment page, you simply need to have the cart send the following field names with values to your payment page...

ord = A unique order number
    for = What the customer is buying or the merchants official name
    amt = The amount the customer is paying
    ret = A return URL which will be provided by the cart. This enables the customer to return to the cart so the cart closes off the order.

If you think it sounds too simple, well, that's because it just is. There is nothing more, no response codes, no further action from e-Path, nothing.
    I've actually got everything working fine as you can see from the demo, but ZC just can't read its own return URL to close off the order - the customer's cart is still full and no emails are sent out.

So you can see the brief suggests a coders dream, or at least it should be. But its starting to look like zencart can not send to a remotely hosted manual gateway payment page. Maybe the ZC logic requires the complexities that only come with real time gateways and their responses. I have no idea. Perhaps that's something for a future version of ZC - the ability to send to a remotely hosted payment page. I know all the other carts do, that OSCommerce demo on that same page (http://thefruitboxshop.com/shopping_carts.html) doesn't have a problem.

But thank you to all who have looked at it. I have to break the news to e-Path which means they'll take ZC off their site - I am not looking forward to doing that I can tell you. I appreciate everyone's help very much.

Thanx

Plugin Contributions

But its starting to look like zencart can not send to a remotely hosted manual gateway payment page. Maybe the ZC logic requires the complexities that only come with real time gateways and their responses.
    If Zen Cart couldn't do that then the old Pay Pal module (non IPN) would not have worked with Zen Cart.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Yes I agree, it does seem weird. Maybe there is PayPal logic actually built into ZC that means the only remotely hosted payment solution that can work with ZC is PayPal. I really don't know. But that's the only possible scenario left.

Zen Cart is a brillant cart and if they built it to be able to do remotely hosted payment solutions like OSCommerce does then they'd be on a winner for sure. That's for future updates I guess, but its something we can all look forward to.

Thanx.

Plugin Contributions

There's no magic involved here. Either:

1. The module you are using is too out of date
    2. Or else the problem is at the payment processor end of things.
    3. Or the problem is with your site setup.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

No there is no code embedded in zen cart that only paypal will work.
    the issue seems to be the lack of a return string from the payment processor..
    this NEEDS to happen....
    Zen needs to know that this was approved zen needs to know the session id
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again Vger and Merlinpa1969 for your replies.

Hi Vger,
    "1. The module you are using is too out of date"
    I have posted it and nobody can identify anything that is out of date with it.
    2. Or else the problem is at the payment processor end of things.
    They do nothing, the return URL sent by ZC is the one that returns the customer.
    3. Or the problem is with your site setup. Possible. e-Path have been through quite a number of fresh installs for me.

Hi Merlinpa1969,
    I'm not quite sure if anything special is needed to be done here. With OSCommerce the returning URL the cart sends e-Path returns the customer correctly to OSCommerce and it deals with it as an order paid. Why would ZC be completely different? My own lack of experience is showing here.

E-Path have given me permission to post the full module here in case anyone wants to test it on their ZC. Its working and will send your customer off to the demo payment page, so make as many "payments" as you like. I would not be at all surprised if the thing works perfectly on your install of ZC, in which case its got to be e-Path's installs that are the problem.

I really can't believe ZC can't send to this remotely hosted payment page properly, its very simple. There must be a reason why its not reading the activity as paid.

Dang, can't seem to attach the zip file

Plugin Contributions

Trying to attach zip file again....

Plugin Contributions

Nope, it wont show my zip file. Gawd this is frustrating

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast