Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remotely Hosted Payment Page - Possible?!?!

Cool.
    Perhaps you might convince them to correct their links, etc:

- the correct URL is zen-cart.com (note the hyphen)
    - Zen Cart is formally spelled as two words, both capitalized, not Zencart

Glad to be of help.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte,

Advised them and they did it straight away.

Please check all is correct - http://thefruitboxshop.com/shopping_carts.html

Thanks Dr Byte

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It's pretty close. Thanks for letting them know.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I see it, in the acknowledgment, they didn't change that one. I'll let them know.

Bye

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Cool - Thanks.

Have they tested to be sure nobody can spoof an order? ie: start an order, go for authorization, but then fake-out the return process to make it look like the return was successful even if it wasn't?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte,

E-Path is a manual gateway so there is no success or failure responses. The merchant receives the order and then can check it (approve it or otherwise) before he/she charges the credit card.

As you know with a real time gateway the merchant doesn't have a chance to approve the order before the credit card is charged. The merchant's merchant account is open to anyone anywhere to enter any number they like. So spoofing is a real concern.

But with e-Path (as well as the cc capture in ZEN) you have that extra layer of security in that you can check the order first. If something doesn't look right the card just doesn't get charged. Perhaps the merchant can follow up with an email contact or phone to confirm things - something you can't do with a real time gateway before the card is charged. This is what I do. Its completely eliminated fake transactions for me and not having to deal with charge backs later is a blessing.

Having gone from PayPal to a real time gateway then to e-Path I've done the rounds myself and as far as I am concerned the manual way is bloody awesome. However, if other people are reading this then I should say it is not for everyone. If you do large numbers of transactions then you will surely get tired of having to charge the card yourself. You will appreciate the automation that a real time gateway offers. But then again real time gateways comes at a cost, i.e. will cost you a lot more and you don't have any control before the card is charged.

The feedback I've got from e-Path is that they are happy with the module. I had tried to further modify it so the display of the e-Path receipt number appeared under the name of the gateway in the order confirmation email, i.e., simply trying to tie it into the 'payment' display and not the 'comment' display, but didn't have much luck.

I know they are very interested in having the e-Path payment gateway option as a standard option in future Zen Carts but they can take this up with you themselves.

Thanks again Dr Byte.

P.S. And they are pretty full on into promoting Zen and OSCommerce on their main site now (http://e-path.com.au). They have the Zen logo in a graphic and mention it numerous times as "one of the worlds best shopping carts". Its great Zen is getting this type of direct support/promotion from a payment gateway.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Cool :)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910