Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can I "Hide" a product?

You would add it like normal ... but the Prev/Next if you have many products for many customers would be a bad idea to allow to show ... as now if they click to look at the product they would see the other products ...

If they never need to see the product you could also create a block on the display of the product _info page for all products is categories_id XX

That would be another way to control that ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by magicpants View Post
    Our company is doing local repairs, with pickup and delivery. I've been trying to figure out how to handle this in zen cart. Our service works like this:
    The customer "buys" a Pick-up product, which has no price but he pays delivery, i.e., we come to his house to get the product that needs repair. Then, when it's finished, we need him to pay for the actual repair, plus the delivery fee again.
    I think using ZenCart for the finished price is just overkill. Just send a PayPal invoice which they can pay. Simple!

Rob

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    You would edit the products table via phpMyAdmin and change the products_date_added to be older than your New Products Limit on date ...

On skipping the product in the listings, you can alter that by customizing the code for the listing to check either the master_categories_id or the products_id to know when a product should be skipped or excluded from the output ...

The cleanest method is to alter the select statement so that it excludes the products_id(s) or master_categories_id when the list of products to be displayed is generated ...

One place to start is the /includes/modules/pages/products_all/header_php.php file ...

NOTE: there is no override for this file ... be sure to maintain backups of both the original file and your custom file for future upgrades ...
    This would be great for my shop, but I am not clear what select to alter here, when I deleted p.products_id, all products displayed as sold out:

PHP Code:
    $products_all_query_raw "SELECT p.products_type, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id,
                                        p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_weight, p.product_is_call,
                                        p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status
                                 FROM " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS " p
                                 LEFT JOIN " 
    TABLE_MANUFACTURERS " m ON (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id), " TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION " pd
                                 WHERE p.products_status = 1
                                 AND p.products_id = pd.products_id
                                 AND pd.language_id = :languageID " 
    $order_by

Plugin Contributions

I don't see anything mentioning master_categories_id in the select statement. Am I looking in the right place?

/includes/modules/pages/products_all/header_php.php file

I am trying to create a hidden (Out of Stock) category in which products can be found in a search but not found in "All products"

Plugin Contributions

I guess a work around is to create a category "sold" turn it off and comment out the "All Products" link, kind of ugly but my only option.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Can I "Hide" a product?

This thread is a little old, but I found it very useful. However, it seems that nobody figured out the SQL changes requiered to remove a hidden category from the All Products link and the search engine. I have done it (it seems) and here are the changes that I made. For me, the category ID that I want to hide is number 20. That number will be different for you.

[FONT=Times New Roman]includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Changed line 249 from:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id ";[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]To:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]AND p.master_categories_id != '20' ";[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]includes/modules/pages/products_all/header_php.php[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]changed line 30 from:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]AND pd.language_id = :languageID " . $order_by;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]AND pd.language_id = :languageID [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]AND p.master_categories_id != '20'" . $order_by;[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

yes,simply write url at the time of adding product and than turn off product category this will hide your product and you can access it through URL
    Cheers
    numan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by numan View Post
    yes,simply write url at the time of adding product and than turn off product category this will hide your product and you can access it through URL
    Cheers
    numan
    I tried this and cannot find a way to remove the item from the search results. I want to create a special offer for another company's customers that are referred to my company only available to them, but that they could add to their cart and shop the other items that are available to everyone as well.

Ryan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by faithofgod View Post
    I tried this and cannot find a way to remove the item from the search results. I want to create a special offer for another company's customers that are referred to my company only available to them, but that they could add to their cart and shop the other items that are available to everyone as well.

Ryan
    See Post Number16 in this thread

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jammin320 View Post
    This thread is a little old, but I found it very useful. However, it seems that nobody figured out the SQL changes requiered to remove a hidden category from the All Products link and the search engine. I have done it (it seems) and here are the changes that I made. For me, the category ID that I want to hide is number 20. That number will be different for you.

[FONT=Times New Roman]includes/modules/pages/advanced_search_result/header_php.php[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Changed line 249 from:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id ";[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]AND p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]AND p.master_categories_id != '20' ";[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]includes/modules/pages/products_all/header_php.php[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]changed line 30 from:[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]AND pd.language_id = :languageID " . $order_by;[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]AND pd.language_id = :languageID [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]AND p.master_categories_id != '20'" . $order_by;[/FONT]
    I would also add that if you don't want it to show up on the new products listing, find includes/modules/pages/products_new/header_php.php and replace line 31:

<CODE> AND pd.language_id = :languageID " . $display_limit . $order_by;
    </CODE>
    with this line:
    <CODE> AND pd.language_id = :languageID
    AND p.master_categories_id != '13'" . $display_limit . $order_by;

</CODE>

where my subcategory number (not my category number for some reason... I tried using my category, 12, and it didn't work) is 13

We needed this desparately, as we want to send out free samples to press people and potential large accounts, and needed a category dedicated to free samples that the public could not see or have access to. We wanted to be able to make up "Sampler Bundles" just for this purpose. So now, I just give the URL to the category to the PR/Sales team, and I'm implementing a payment module add-on "Accounts Only" in the downloads section from here, and they can order samples to send out without paying for it, but we keep it on the books and in the system.

Thanks!
    Last edited by snowkrash; 11 Sep 2008 at 02:08 AM. Reason: forgot to put the path to the edited file

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast