Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Simple Attributes Stock Tracking

I am working on an quantity by attribute contribution that will allow tracking product stock quantities by attribute (ie. size, color etc.). It adds a new field attribute_quantity to the attributes controller, warns a customer when an item's attribute stock is low and deducts the ordered amount from stock when an order is successfully place.

To implement requires two minor changes to the database and edits in five files.

If you care to try it out, let me know any issues you encounter and any successes.

http://damonparker.org/blog/2006/06/...tock-tracking/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple Attributes Stock Tracking

Thx damonp. I am gonna try this. Stock control by attribute is a big headache for me.

You need to fix the link in your sig to pimpcostumes.com though, 'cos it popped up a Micro*oft site for me.

Pimpcostumes.com is *excellent* That site really brightened my day!.

Plugin Contributions

Hello

I'll try this out - it sounds great - I'm in the middle of doing a shop which has ones and twos of sizes and this would be a real life saver. I am currently running the imporved attributes controller (which makes adding 3000000 million times easier) so it'll be interesting to see if it works ok with this.

I'll keep in touch.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Hello

Everything was going ok - some line numbers were a wee bit off (probably my fault) however this doesn't work with the imporved attribute controller - you get the follwoing error message

1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1
    in:
    [insert into fraserweb_testproducts_attributes values (0, '1', '1', '1', '', '+', '0', '1', '', '+', '0', '0', '1', '', '1', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '0', '10')]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

If this is something you will be exanding on or working on and want help testing please let me know - I have basic php knowledge but can follow instructions to a T.

Had this worked with the attribute controller I'm sure you would make a lot of zenners happy bunnies - but I can't compromise on the speed of adding sizes to allow for stock control.

But for anyone using the out of the box attribute controller - this is a fantastic add on.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

Question on this update as it's still in "beta" - Does it add back stock if someone cancels an order?

I'm not quite ready to install it...it looks like I'll have to uninstall the improved attribute controller if I want to use this upgrade...

Plugin Contributions

Hi my understanding of zen is stock only ever comes off once the confirm the order buttom is pressed and yup it does not work with the improved attribute controller (which if it did... happy days :-) but this is a fanatsic add on - but it is just a visual indicator for the customer it would (from what i've seen) still let someone put a sold out attribute in the cart - see the fab pimp website to see it in action.

Plugin Contributions

Ah. I need higher resolution than just an indicator of low stock Was hoping for something more similar to the stock by attribute mod for 1.2.7d (unfortunately I rather prefer v 1.3.0 of zencart so I'm stuck awaiting a module that works for stock by attribute)

Plugin Contributions

Snap! Fingers crossed.

Plugin Contributions

hey :) The "new" version of stocks by attribute has been tweaked by Danielcor. it incorporates the improved attributes controller. it is being readied for release to the downloads section.

in the meantime, go here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34977

Damon - any chance you can explain how you got the ** to appear in the attribute drop down for low stock? I'd like to see if I can't figure out how to get the dratted thing to return actual quantity in stock if at all possible. But your solution for the ** is better than what I have now...
    Live again! http://spritelygoods.com Rebuilt on ZC v 1.5.1 from 1.3.0.2

If you do a search for ** in my mod, you should find where this display comes from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast