Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Please help with Create Account email - create_account.php changed - email the same

I cannot find where Zen Card is getting the text for certain parts of the Account creation email.

I have the create_account.php file open in front of me right now and it is full of email variables - but they are not all of the ones being used by Zen Cart for the Create account email.

I have successfully changed the create account email to welcome people to the right store name. I then changed the EMAIL_TEXT, EMAIL_CONTACT etc in create_account.php - but these are not the variables being used for the create account email.

My create account email still says:

"With your account, you can now take part in the various services we have to
    offer you. Some of these services include:

Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until
    you remove them, or check them out.

Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other
    than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the
    birthday-person themselves.

Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.

Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers."

I cannot find where any of this text is - I really have tried!!
    I thought this would be a common problem - and have found similar queries but they all directed people to the create_account.php file - and I have altered that but nothing has changed in the email.

Maybe all this is right under my nose...but I have left this for weeks before putting on the forum, and I am going to get my ###### kicked by my client for not changing the welcome email.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Please help with Create Account email - create_account.php changed - email the sa

The file is: includes/languages/english/create_account.php

The section is:

Code:
    Line #35 : define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'With your account, you can now take part in the <strong>various services</strong> we have to offer you. Some of these services include:' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Permanent Cart</strong> - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Address Book</strong> - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Order History</strong> - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Products Reviews</strong> - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.' . "\n\n");
    After you have changed it save it to your override directory, includes/languages/english/YOUR_TEMPLATE/create_account.php

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Please help with Create Account email - create_account.php changed - email the sa

Hello,:

I got the same problem, has already change the create_account.php / same location!

Is probably about the cache or session ?

I saw my admin page "welcome email" has change , buy still not affect the new create account!

Any expert can help ... cry:

Thank you very much
    ######## Leung

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: Please help with Create Account email - create_account.php changed - email the sa

I'm a newbie to ZenCart and have found the forums and FAQs very helpful, but I'm stumped on this one issue.

I'm having the same problem with my welcome email. I've spent hours reading threads and searching the forums and they all point to the /shop/includes/language/english/create_account.php file. I've updated the 'EMAIL_TEXT' just like this thread mentions and have reloaded it to my server, but the email that is generated when I submit a test registration still has the old text. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Could it be something with my settings in Admin -> Configurations -> E-mail Options? Am I editing the wrong file somehow? Is this stored somewhere as a default that I need to override?

Please help!

v1.3.9c

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Please help with Create Account email - create_account.php changed - email the sa

You've probably created an override version of the file in your custom template's language folder (which is the right thing to do), but when you do that then *that* is the place where you need to make your edits, instead of in the original file.

/includes/languages/english/create_account.php --- ORIGINAL FILE
    /includes/languagees/english/Name_Of_Your_Template_Here/create_account.php ---> Your override file where you should make your changes.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I don't have a template override - I didn't know I needed that until I was two weeks into customizing my templates. Now, I can't figure out how to do it without loosing a ton of my edits.

I changed the create_account.php file, the only one in that directory. It still hasn't changed the text, just like the other posters mentioned.

Where else could this text be pulling from? I noticed in the /admin/add_customers.php file, near line 340 there is this:

PHP Code:
    $html_msg['EMAIL_MESSAGE_HTML']  = str_replace('\n','',sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT,$customers_password));

$html_msg['EMAIL_CONTACT_OWNER'] = str_replace('\n','',EMAIL_CONTACT);

$html_msg['EMAIL_CLOSURE']       = nl2br(EMAIL_GV_CLOSURE); 
    I'm certainly no expert, but this is the only place where EMAIL_TEXT is mentioned that I can find and it is in reference of another field called EMAIL_MESSAGE_HTML, which I could not locate in the create_account.php file.

Could EMAIL_TEXT text only be used when the email is generated if you send the emails as HTML and not text-only emails? Is there a universal setting to ensure the email says the correct thing no matter what email type the customer chooses?

It seems like there would be a simple answer to this, but I can't seem to figure this out.....

Any other suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Go to Admin->Tools->Developers Toolkit.
    Scroll to the *bottom* set of input boxes, and enter the following in that search box:
    Code:
    define('EMAIL_TEXT',
    Then choose "All Catalog Files" from the pulldown and click the search button.
    What results does it give you?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

It found two files, the original version of the create_account.php and the version that I updated.

PHP Code:
     .../shop/includes/languages/english/create_account-original.php

Line 
    #39 : define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'You are now registered with our store and have account privileges: With your account, you can now take part in the <strong>various services</strong> we have to offer you. Some of these many services include:' . "\n\n<ul>" . '<li><strong>Order History</strong> - View the details of orders you have completed with us.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Permanent Cart</strong> - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Address Book</strong> - We can deliver your products to an address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Products Reviews</strong> - Share your opinions on our products with other customers.' . "\n\n</ul>");

.../includes/languages/english/create_account.php

Line 
    #39 : define('EMAIL_TEXT', 'You are now registered with our store and have account privileges: With your account, you can now take part in the <strong>various services</strong> we have to offer you. Some of these many services include:' . "\n\n<ul>" . '<li><strong>Order Items</strong> - Dress up your dealership with marketing materials.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>NEW! Order Product Literature</strong> - You may now order printed Massey Ferguson product literature AND view PDFs of each.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Online Account</strong> - now that you are registered, you can view your order history, edit your account details, receive order status updates via email and more.' . "\n\n" . '<li><strong>Products Reviews</strong> - Share your opinions on our products with other customers.' . "\n\n</ul>"); 
    Thoughts?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Change your renamed file from "create_account-original.php" to something OTHER THAN "create_accountXXXXXXXXX.php". Maybe use ".bak" or put "original-" at the FRONT of the filename.
    Zen Cart picks up filenames based on certain matching patterns, and your choice of renaming is causing the problem.

Better yet, the "correct" way to do it is not to rename the files, but rather to put your edited version into the appropriate override folder named according to your custom template's name, as descibed earlier. Lots more detail on that in the FAQs area.

Plugin Contributions

YES!!!!

That was exactly it! I moved the ...original.php to another directory and it is now using the correct text.

Thank you very much!

~Lindsey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast