Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Different prices for different countries

Hi there, I've only just installed Zen Cart and I'm really impressed. So far it's been beautifully simple to set up. Nice piece of work!

I have a question that I cannot find an answer to in your forum, although I have found several other people asking similar questions. Here goes..

The products I sell are priced differently according to which country the customer is located in. The price in USD is much cheaper than the price would be in GBP for example, if you simply applied the currency conversion factor.

Also, the price may be different in different countries using the same currency, so the price in Ireland may be different to the price in France, even though both countries use the Euro currency. So ideally I'd like to display the GBP price as a default, but then show the relevant price by country, once the customer has signed in.

Is there any easy way to set this up? I've read about a dual pricing module, but I'm not sure this will do the job. Would appreciate any advice you can offer.

I seem to be running version 1.2.6d which is the version supplied by my web host via Fantastico.

Many thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Different prices for different countries

Support for this is not built-in to the core of Zen Cart at the present time.

However, if you have some advanced programming skills, it can be written. You need to extend database schemas, detect customer zones, built cooperation between currency converters if needed, handle sales, specials, discounts, attributes, etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi:

I have the same request as ReadingSteve, except that I am running version 1.3. Has this option been added to the new version of Zen Cart?

If not, could someone give me a list of files that would need to be amended so that I could make the appropriate changes?

Per DrByte, are these the only files that need to be modifyed:
    You need to extend database schemas, detect customer zones, built cooperation between currency converters if needed, handle sales, specials, discounts, attributes, etc.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

i need same

diff. price for india and usa

Dr. Byte cna you help me

vishal DOT comp AT yahoo DOT com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    You need to extend database schemas, detect customer zones, built cooperation between currency converters if needed, handle sales, specials, discounts, attributes, etc.
    I think one might get away much easier. One only needs to implement attributes filtering by country, and this is quite an easy thing to do. One still have to add a table or two, plus modify attribute table(s) and controller, plus modify product display logic.

EDIT: I am already payed to implement something near this, namely banning people by country code. I have all necessary data already. So when I'm done with it (this weekend) you might catch me for a nice chat at msn/email makc.the.great AT gmail.comm ;)
    Last edited by makc; 18 Aug 2006 at 11:53 AM.

Plugin Contributions

email error Re: Different prices for different countries

oh, I would badly need this contrib to use it on my site too and it seems there´s no solution for that?
    has anyone made it yet, please?
    thanx

Plugin Contributions

I just don't get it... why would the same product cost more in one country than another?

Shipping? Then charge more for shipping. Currency exchange? Well, that is handled withing ZC. I'm sure you guys have your reasons... any examples? i'm curious.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

because: your total income = price of item X number of items sold. number of items sold will generally shrink if you increase the price of item, but the curve is different in different countries/cities/etc.

Plugin Contributions

Yeah, that's what I thought they were getting at... but number of items sold shrinks much much faster when your customers in one country/city realize you're charging them more just because you think thy will pay more because of who they are :) So I hope you hide that well. Its one thing when things were old school and you did business in a store on a street... but the web (aka "the great equalizer") kind of changes that.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

I dont remember windows sales shrinking when microsoft was selling $1 licences to indonesian government. Also, I know some good programs like far or ibexpert that were selling reasonably well because they are damn good programs, but in meantime they were completely free for russians

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast