Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Different prices for different countries

I admit I wasn't thinking about products like software. Still, in your previous statement you were talking about maximizing profits where in the last examples you're talking about benevolent accessibility programs (in MS's case anyway) - quite a different thing. They weren't selling $1 licenses to developing nations for profit maximization (global domination, sure... but that's different).

Anyway, thanks for helping satisfy my curiousity.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

This is an add-on I would find really useful!

In my instance I sell a range of products in the UK, I can also retail these products in one of many many countries buying direct from the manufacturer in that company and shipping direct to my customer, subject to minimum order values. The pricing in each country isn't based on an exchange rate - they each have a set RRP so I would in essence need a "Cost per country" link up.

I am currently working on an implementation for a client so don't have time to look at this, have a mod to write for another client and if its not done by the time I can get to it will have a look at this.

Mat

Plugin Contributions

I've just installed Zen Cart to sell a book.
    I want to have prices that look attractive for the country where it sells. 24.80 Euro feels a good price for Europe, but if I convert it in US$, it's too much. The same for GBP and AUD$.
    The prices that I would like toget are:
    24,80€ / US$29,95 /£15,95 / AUD$36,95

I could change the value of the currency factor, but how about the next books?

Which files woud I need to change?

Could I bypass the money converter and write a different price depending on which currency is used?

Arjuna
    Zen Cart v 1.37
    www.openskypress.com/zencart

Plugin Contributions

In my opinion (which no one in this thread agrees lol) is to not be greedy. Take whichever one of those prices that "feels good" that is actually the lowest, feel comfortable that you are happy making that money from those customers, and charge the same amount to everyone. Despite what people think about OUTDATED pricing schemes... on the Internet, a US customer would rather see $26.43 converted from some other currency then they would a "nice" number like $29.95. Most people appreciate saving money and NO BODY appreciates getting ripped off just because they live in any given country.

If "nice" round numbers are important to you, then set your store's currency to the one you do the most business in and use a nice price for them... let the others have the converted price..

The other huge bonus to treating your customers equally (besides appreciation from them, but I guess who cares about that) is that it is a million times easier for you. One price to update... easy peasy. Very little code to bother changing too.

If its just a matter of having things end in a "95", or whatever, that is at least easier and I'm sure someone has done that by now.

- Steven

Plugin Contributions

or set up four stores, one for each currency

Plugin Contributions

Can anybody help me in setting up different shipping rates for different countries and in different parts of India?

Plugin Contributions

I am trying to to achieve this using the military discount mod created by That Software Guy. Changing "city" for "state" in

Code:
    function is_soldier() {

global $order; 

if ( ($order->delivery['city'] == "APO") ||

($order->delivery['city'] == "FPO") )  {

return true;

}
    The Ideal would be to use "country" but for some reason it doesn't work.

Plugin Contributions

Steven(S_Mack)
    It isn't about being greedy.
    For us, it's about stable pricing.
    Our customers don't want to see the price fluctuating every day.
    We're in Australia but have a good presence in the U.S.
    Our Australian customers need stable pricing and so do our U.S. customers. We want to take this stable pricing policy to the rest of the world too.

In fact we have lost a lot of margin with the weak US dollar but we are dedicated to keeping our prices the same no matter what. sometimes we make extra, sometimes we lose money, but our customer always knows how much he's paying.

So, we need pricing by region, not by exchange rate.

The US is so big that most of our customers wouldn't have a clue what an exchange rate is. They live in the U.S. and buy in the U.S., so we have to make them feel they are buying with confidence.
    If we use the US dollar as the default, then our Australian customers don't know the price of a product till they buy it.
    If we use the AUD dollar as the default, then our US customers don't know the price of a product till they buy it. Fluctuating exchange rates are a real pain.
    We also have to look after our resellers....we want to keep pricing stable so they have confidence as well.

So, it's not about greed or nobody agreeing with you, it's about trying to show stability to a worldwide market. This may not be as important when a $29.00 book changes by 10%, but try a $4000 purchase for a piece of race equipment....The customer wants to know that the item he budgeted for last month will be the same price next month when he has saved his money and can afford it.

So, having said all that.....who knows how this is done????.....It's very important to our business to be able to impliment this, although we're going with multiple sites initially.
    Rather than debate the ethics of why to, I'd love to see someone put their hand up and say How to!!!!(Steven, I'm thinking you're just the man to come up with the goods from what I've seen).

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    I have a similar problem. My client wants to sell a book in both UK and USA. Unfortunately the exchange rate is so bad he is afraid of loosing US customers by charging them the same rate for the book as UK.
    He also sells CDs but does not want to drop the price by as much as the book for the US market.

Any suggestions on the best method?
    Can I set a dual price by country / ip address?
    Do I need to set up two stores?

Help please!!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Everyone,

I sell tickets to seminars and workshops offered by an international speaker and would need something like this to price the European conferences in Euros and the Canadian ones in Can. dollars.
    Has anyone found a way to actually be able to set the base price of the product by currency?

Any help would be appreciated.

Christine.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast