Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Different prices for different countries

Quote Originally Posted by monkeshine View Post
    Maybe you meant, price it high enough in US dollars and not worry about foreign currencies?
    I pick this out and refuse to read the rest of your blah blah... its getting nowhere. But to this specific quote... WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?! Its like you don't quite understand how currency rates work or something. Forget currencies... that's an end-of-function manipulation to display a price to a customer based on their preference. It really has very little to do with the pricing itself (other than an adjustment to account for the overhead a bank will charge you to do business in that currency IF that currency is displayed functionally as opposed to "for display only" as some sites do. That adjustment can really cause you headaches for things like returns). So pick whatever currency YOU wish to think in... and price it accordingly. As I told you in the other thread... I'm done with you. Be stubborn, be stupid... I don't care. That's between you and your customers.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jojkic View Post
    I have some problem.
    I need two different prices for two different currency.
    For default language: Serbian, one price in RSD , and for selling on local market
    and when language is change to English , other price in Euro (or Dollar) , for selling on European (world market) .
    It is very hard to I explain here to someone who live in USA or similar, why I need two prices per product, that I need to enter them manual (euro and rsd price), without using currency converter in zen cart , it is not only "nice" round numbers in price display , it is also situation that different product have different cost (sale tax, customs tax and other administration things) or that some specific products need to be cheaper on world market then on local market etc .... Simply say, different zones, different economy = different prices , that I need update manual without using currency converter , for every product separate .
    Of course I do not need to hide prices. Everyone who change language in header, can see this different prices in different currency

Can someone have solution idea ?
    Again, you're complicating things. Now you're mixing language in. Like currency, language is a user preference. What will you do when an English speaking person (or just someone that wishes to practice English so they choose English) in your local country orders the product? They pay a different price just for their chosen language???

Just like currencies, it makes NO SENSE to presume that the language they choose has anything at all to do with where they live, what economic situation they're in, or what taxes they may or may not have to pay.

And just like the other guy, those "extra costs" (local taxes, etc) have nothing to do with you. That's between your customer and their local government.

Granted, there are cases... for example, Microsoft charges us 1st world customers $200 for a piece of software that they'll sell in Africa for $40. Does it make sense? is it right? There are social arguments that say they're being benevolant by helping out those less fortunate (are they? Linux is free) and there are capitalst arguments that they are just seeking to strip as much total profit as possible, and they can do it because its software that has no tangible costs. But then there are people who get pissed off because they paid $200 for something that clearly the company was perfectly happy selling it for $40 and they feel like suckers. But right or wrong... Microsoft chooses to do it and they have the resources to pull it off. They aren't using Zen-cart though, are they?

I'm beating a dead horse. There will always be those that want to go down this path and screw things up for themselves (and it will) because there are paradox-like consequences to what you *think* you want to do. But whatever. What I should do is make a contribution that does what you think you want to do (that you really don't) and sell it... and charge different amounts based on what default font you have set in your browser. Nah, I'll just unsubscribe from this silly thread.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
    They pay a different price just for their chosen language???

Just like currencies, it makes NO SENSE to presume that the language they choose has anything at all to do with where they live, what economic situation they're in, or what taxes they may or may not have to pay.

And just like the other guy, those "extra costs" (local taxes, etc) have nothing to do with you. That's between your customer and their local government.

Granted, there are cases... for example, Microsoft charges us 1st world customers $200 for a piece of software that they'll sell in Africa for $40. Does it make sense? is it right?
    Please, Mack, dont try to be Che Guevara ... I have similar problem as user Monkeyshine, and I guess many other users .
    You are right that is stupid when you choose different language that you get different prices . But prices will be very similar, and you will get different currency ... Almost 100 % buyers for example from serbia, will buy product on serbian language and serbian currency ,because paying with foreign currency are not allowed on local market. World buyers , will buy by choosing english language and $ or Euro, of course :) .
    Maybe is best solution (because of SEO domain) to open two stores, but why to duplicate warehouse menagment with two stocks ... Sorry for my bad english

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234