Plugin Contributions

Default Currnency problem: Prices are all 0, not using the default currency

Ok, I am sure I screwed up somewhere along the line here, if someone can please help straighten me out.

I had two currencies set up, GBP and USD. GBP was the default, all the price values were set according to GBP. I changed the default currency to USD, and deleted the GBP currency. Then I went and started changing my price values to what they should be in USD, but the problem now is that in the cart, all the prices display as 0 (no currency symbol next to it either).

I played around with it, and basically it looks like the ONLY way the cart will recognize and use a currency right now, is if the code is GBP. Anything else, even if it is set to the default and the only currency available, it ignores.

Is there another setting somewhere I need to adjust? Am I just crazy or what?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Currnency problem: Prices are all 0, not using the default currency

I have the same problem.
    I added USD & EUR, retained GBP as default.

But the currency drop down box and the prices kept defaulting to USD, so I removed EUR & USD and then all prices were 0.

So I added USD back and hey presto I am back at square one.

I also tried deleting the default currency and resetting it up - to no avail.

Please if there is anyone else out there that might put us in the right direction I for one would be over the moon.

Plugin Contributions

i fixed this by going to the currency and modyfying it.

in the currency i change the value at the bottom to 1.0 instead of 1.000000 and i also ticked the box to default currency.

after i done this i went back to the products and updated them all.

they all work fine now.

Jynxy

Plugin Contributions

There is a connection between currency and language - if your langauge is English. If you wish to use both US Dollars and UK Pounds then open the includes/languages/english.php file on your computer and select 'Save As' and save as 'uk_english.php' (don't put 'english' first). Where you see 'USD' in the file change it to GBP.

Copy the 'english' folder to your desktop and rename it uk_english and then paste it back to includes/languages/.

Upload the file and folder to your site.

Go to Zen Cart admin and add it as a new language. As a finishing touch change the icon for the default English folder to the USA flag.

Set 'Use Default Language Currency' to true in Zen admin. Then when people switch from USA English to UK English by clicking on the right flag icon the currencies will change and will stay that way as they progress through the site.
    You can then also, if you wish, 'anglicise' the language in the uk_english.php file e.g. change shopping cart to shopping basket etc.

Vger