Plugin Contributions

Default Newsletter Email Confirmation (subscribe contrib)

I set up the newsletter manager and when I went to test it - it sent me an email to confirm my subscription.

1. Can you turn off the confirmation the customer has to send back?
    2. The email says this (there is no link to confirm that you subscribed):

Please confirm Truche newsletter subscription
    This email has been registered for a newsletter subscription on our site. Before you can begin receiving the newsletter, you must confirm your email address. If you did not subscribe, no action is needed.

Copyright (c) 2007 Zen Cart. Powered by Zen Cart

This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you did not signup for an account, or feel that you have received this email in error, no action is needed. No newsletters will be sent without confirmation, and you will not receive another. You are always welcome to contact us with any concerns you may have.
    This email is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect 01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored and respected.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter Email Confirmation

there is no link to confirm that you subscribed
    I just searched for that phrase from the developpers tool kit and nothing seems to come up. Would it be possible to post the exact phrase ?

Plugin Contributions

I just did see above.. that is the exact email, I have no idea what the link says to confirm?

Plugin Contributions

Looks like some part of the message has been altered from an email filtering script (probably anti-spam from your related web hosting service). I'd suggest to see your SPAM filter from your cPanel access. If you do not have a cPanel access, then I'd suggest to send a support ticket message to your ISP in order to obtain your answers.

Plugin Contributions

I actually just ran into the same problem and made a post in the newsletter manager thread. Guess I should learn to use search better.

I discovered that the plain-text version of the confirm mail works fine but the html does not.

I dug through includes/modules/pages/subscribe/header.php and basically the following is missing from the html mail.

Code:
    // Send confirmation request.
          // get the proper uri
    			$confirm_uri = zen_href_link(FILENAME_SUBSCRIBE_CONFIRM, 'confirm='.$confirm_code.'&email=' . $email_address, 'NONSSL');

// initial welcome
    			$email_text .=  EMAIL_WELCOME;
    			$html_msg['EMAIL_WELCOME'] = str_replace('\n','',EMAIL_WELCOME);

// add in regular email welcome text
    			$email_text .= "\n\n" . EMAIL_TEXT . sprintf(EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_TEXT, $confirm_uri ). EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_CLOSURE;

$html_msg['EMAIL_MESSAGE_HTML']  = str_replace('\n','',EMAIL_TEXT );
    			$html_msg['EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_LINK']  = str_replace('\n','', sprintf(EMAIL_CONFIRMATION_TEXT, '<a href="'.$confirm_uri.'">'.$confirm_uri.'</a>'));
    			$html_msg['EMAIL_CONTACT_OWNER'] = str_replace('\n','',EMAIL_CONTACT);
    			$html_msg['EMAIL_CLOSURE']       = nl2br(EMAIL_CLOSURE);

// include create-account-specific disclaimer
    			$email_text .= "\n\n" . sprintf(EMAIL_DISCLAIMER_NEW_CUSTOMER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS). "\n\n";
    			$html_msg['EMAIL_DISCLAIMER'] = sprintf(EMAIL_DISCLAIMER_NEW_CUSTOMER, '<a href="mailto:' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '">'. STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS .' </a>');
    Still trying to figure this out but somebody please chime in with insights.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TheOracle View Post
    Looks like some part of the message has been altered from an email filtering script (probably anti-spam from your related web hosting service). I'd suggest to see your SPAM filter from your cPanel access. If you do not have a cPanel access, then I'd suggest to send a support ticket message to your ISP in order to obtain your answers.
    I don't see such an option in cPanel.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter Email Confirmation (subscribe contrib)

Have a look here

/var/www/html/includes/languages/english/email_extras.php

Line #28 : define('EMAIL_SPAM_DISCLAIMER','This email is sent in accordance with the US CAN-SPAM Law in effect 01/01/2004. Removal requests can be sent to this address and will be honored and respected.');

I am a newbie to zen cart and am chuffed I may have helped you on my first post.