Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Remove top header bar

I would like to remove the top header bar, the blue one above the logo along with the links for home and login. I have done quite a lot of customization, however this part has stumped me.

www.zeaportequipment.com/shopping.

Any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove top header bar

In includes -> templates -> YOUR_TEMPLATE -> common -> tpl_header.php

find:

PHP Code:
    <!--bof-navigation display-->
    <div id="navMainWrapper">
    <div id="navMain">
        <ul class="back">
        <li><?php echo '<a href="' HTTP_SERVER DIR_WS_CATALOG '">'?><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CATALOG?></a></li>
    <?php if ($_SESSION['customer_id']) { ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF'''SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF?></a></li>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT'''SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT?></a></li>
    <?php

} else {
            if (
    STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN'''SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGIN?></a></li>
    <?php } } ?>

<?php if ($_SESSION['cart']->count_contents() != 0) { ?>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART'''NONSSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS?></a></li>
        <li><a href="<?php echo zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING'''SSL'); ?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT?></a></li>
    <?php }?>
    </ul>
    </div>
    <div class="navMainSearch forward"><?php require(DIR_WS_MODULES 'sideboxes/search_header.php'); ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </div>
    <!--eof-navigation display-->
    and comment it out.

Plugin Contributions

would I need to comment out both lines? if so how do I go about doing that? Would that remove the bar entirely, I do not want the blue bar above the logo to be there at all.

Plugin Contributions

You'd comment out the everything between bof and eof

Plugin Contributions

where exactly is bof and bef, and to comment out what do you do? simply put ' '?

been a long day.

much thanks.

Plugin Contributions

You can also suppress the menus display by simply adding #navMain {display:none} into your stylesheet.

However, whether you comment out the code that produces this menu, or suppress its display through CSS, please bear in mind that you will have removed your visitors' abiulity to log out once they have logged in, and made it more difficult for them to checkout when then have finished shopping (two of the contextual options that appear on this menu as visitors navigate your site).
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Please Help,

I am also trying to delete the zen cart banner at top and put my own banner....... I was able to delete the little zen cart banner on the top left and the background banner, but there is still a link that needs to be removed from the banner and the words that says (Sales messages goes here) I NEED HELP!..... Please spell it out clearly to me and show me how to get to the php to change it.... 2nd how do I upload my new banner to the shopping cart, does it need to be called a certain name like header_bg.gif or what.......and where does it go....Thank you and God bless

Below is my link so you can see what I am talking about......

http://www.classactioncleaners.com/cart/

Plugin Contributions

How do you get to the php code....where is it at..... I am new at this
    Thank you and God Bless

Plugin Contributions

Hi classact and welcome.

I'm very worried about your site. The answer to your question is that the Zen Cart banner is a background image which is defined in your stylesheet. But you have many stylesheets all doing the much the same things, so it's actually defined twice, as are many things. I'm not sure how you got into this position, but I am sure that this is going to be a big problem for you going forward.

Exactly where and how the header image it is defined depends upon your template. And that's another problem. Unfortunately, you have defaulted to the "Classic" template which is intended primarily for backward compatibility with earlier versions of Zen Cart and has been hacked about somewhat to achieve this making for a rather more complex stylesheet than a new site needs and more tables-based layout than is the case for a completely clean installation based on the template_default.

It would be better to build your own template from scratch based on the functionality in the template_default. A little more work up front, but much, much easier in the long-term.

If that seems a bit overwhelming, an alternative is to start from the Future Zen template which engages template_default for you and amend that. You can download it from the downloads section of this site and there's a link to the relevant downloads page in my signature below. This would get you back to a stylesheet where everything happens in one place.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your input.... one more question for you. How do I find out what version of zen cart I have, because when it was installed it said to upgrade. I think I have the newest version... Second I have worked my ######## off putting in products by hand one by one. I have them on a csv file but don't know how to do it. Will I lose all my work if I switch over? Thank you and God bless

Joseph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast