Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Currency Update (Automatic)

It should work OK so no need to be wary. As long as you have no issues with running a php script with cron as I had.

I am in the final stages of making a variant of this that doesn't rely on traditional cron jobs to update the currencies and also adds yahoo finance in a way that doesn't rely on page scraping. (page scraping as currently used by the currency update functions in zencart is vulnerable to changes in page layout).

I am just waiting to see what actions the site admins take on existing contributions following a rather bizarre email full of what I think are unnecessary prescriptions on dos and donts they recently circulated to people that have contributed in the past.

The email contained a ultimatum to comply within 30 days with unspecified consequences.

If they start applying heavy handed censorship as the email suggested might be the case, then I guess I will have to review the point of uploading contributions.

One important point of open source is freedom to code as desired not marching to some totalitarian tune.

So, in summary, you should be able to use the existing contribution or keep a lookout for an improved version which will come depending on the way the site admins decide to go.

Plugin Contributions

looks like Curled version works for me
    With the following location inserted into file:

'/var/www/vhosts/mywebsite.com/httpdocs/'

Plugin Contributions

I'm a real newbie, and would appreciate any help.

I've contacted our hosts, and they can set the cronjob up for me. I've got the file currency_update.php uploaded to the following folder /var/www/html/includes/ and have given these details to the host, and asked for it to be run once a day. Is this folder a goodplace toput the file?

They also wanted the name of the script, what should I give them?

Regrading the file - currency_update.php, I do not understand fully from the instructions what changes I need to do to this file.

The instructions say:

"Edit line 13 to define the path from the lcoation where you plan to put the file, to root directory for your store."

Line 13 is:

Code:
    // and is normally the only line that you will need to edit
    I presumbe it is line 14 that I need to change which is:

Code:
    $location = './'; // location of zen-cart intall
    but what do I need to change exactly?

Plugin Contributions

My line 14 looks like
    $location = '/var/www/vhosts/xxxxxx.com/httpdocs/'; // location of zen-cart intall

Plugin Contributions

What should the CMOD be for file currency_update.php ? I have set it to 775 and get the error message when accessing the filethrough my browser:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    The file is located in my root folder:

http://www.domainofcompany.com/currency_update.php

I have inserted the following in the file as location of Zen Cart install:

PHP Code:
     $location '/home/virtual/domainofcompany.com/var/www/html/'// location of zen-cart intall 
    My host can setup the Cronjob, but say that there is no point as the script doesn't work. I would really appreciate any help!

Plugin Contributions

I get the following error message. Can anyone help?

[FONT=Verdana][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] PHP Warning: require_once(/home/virtual/companydomain.com/var/www/html/includes/configure.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/currency_update.php on line 21

PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/virtual/
    [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]companydomain.com[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif].com/var/www/html/includes/configure.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/currency_update.php on line 21[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone help with this please?

Plugin Contributions

Any help please?? Sorry for asking again but I'm desperate to get this working. What am I doing wrong?

Plugin Contributions

I tried numerous times to get currency update to work but then I finally tried the curled version. with file uploaded to root directory.

It works ok now. I changed my location of file as I mentioned in post 44 above. Then ran the url and currency update is OK. Then I setup a cronjob to fully automate it further.

If you have problems setting up the currency update try the curled version it worked for me.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by whitt View Post
    I tried numerous times to get currency update to work but then I finally tried the curled version. with file uploaded to root directory.

It works ok now. I changed my location of file as I mentioned in post 44 above. Then ran the url and currency update is OK. Then I setup a cronjob to fully automate it further.

If you have problems setting up the currency update try the curled version it worked for me.
    Thanks for your tips. Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me

The curled version gives out the same error. I do not understand the error myself, but it seems to suggest that there is a problem with [FONT=Verdana][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]/includes/configure.php ??[/FONT][/FONT]

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast