Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Protx direct Payment Module

Calling Conor

Installed your Protx mod as per the instructions on your site and in the original thread.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ighlight=protx

Very easy to install and superb instructions. Thanks

My set-up is as follows:
    Zen Cart 1.2.7
    PHP Version 4.4.2
    MySQL version 4.1.19-standard

Unfortunately I can't get it to work and receive the following error:

VSP Simulator cannot find your vendor name in its database. The
    simulator saw the Vendor Name '******')

The vendor name being reported is correct so I contacted Protx and their response was:

"The Simulator cannot be used to test when using custom shopping carts. Therefore you will need to test with our TEST server.

It appears that within your cart, it is set to the Simulator as opposed to the TEST server. Two different test modes altogether. The Simulator has been set up for those that use our integration kits. It is not set up for those using carts as the carts are supposed to have already integrated with our systems.

Check your settings to see if there is an option for the TEST server.
    If it requires a url then it is, https://ukvpstest.protx.com/vpsDirec...entGateway.asp"

This had me puzzled as everybody else seems to have got it working without a problem. I've double checked with Protx that I have the necessary accounts set up with the correct rights and I have.

I updated protx_direct.php with the new url but now I get an error telling me my IP address is not recognised. I've checked my settings on Protx however and my IP is registered with my account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brent

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Protx direct Payment Module

Hi Brent,

How are you? :)

First off, about VPS Simulator. It isn't true that it can't be used, it can be used with the Protx Direct flawlessly. In fact, it's exactly what I use to test out our clients' sites. Protx support several other carts but Zen Cart isn't directly supported by them, so it is classed as "other" and therefore was built based on the integration kit.

It simply sounds like Protx didn't create an account on the Simulator server for you as they must have thought you could only use the test and live servers. I might add in another option for the test server though as well so that everyone can have the best of all three worlds! :)

On to your remaining problem though...

When you input an IP address into the Protx Admin you don't actually put the IP address which your site uses for its SSL hosting! All commands to Protx are sent from your server's normal IP address... the IP address you purchased to use with a SSL certificate is only used for exchanges between your server and the customer's browser... once your server wants to communicate with the outside world (for example, with Protx), it sends the commands directly from its normal address, communicating securely with the external server using the external server's secured IP address.

Protx really don't make this clear when they say to add your IP address into their Admin... a bit silly of them really!

That information should hopefully have you sorted. Please let me know if it doesn't! :)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Protx direct Payment Module

Thanks Conor,

If the responses I've had from Protx had been as informative I would have solved this yesterday

Protx have refused to create an account for me on the Simulator so they may have now changed their policy. On pushing them I got this response today:

"Ok, it is now apparent that Zen Cart have made some changes at their end ! Either, they have elected to set testing with our Simulator as opposed to our TEST server or they have added the additional testing functionality with our Simulator !!! I believe it may be the later as you are now being required to add/select a url ??? This was never the case before as observed by yourself.

Please disregard my colleague's earlier email and I apologise for the confusion it has caused. As per email of yesterday, we do NOT set up a Simulator a/c for those that are using shopping carts. The Simulator is for those who are using Protx's integration kits and are perhaps integrating with our systems for the first time. The carts on the other hand should be fully integrated with our systems and should therefore not require the 'integration guidance' that the Simulator provides.

To obtain clarification as to what changes they have made, you will need to speak to them. If they have amended to test with our Simulator only, then that is going to be a problem, as we would activate an a/c to LIVE only if testing has been completed on our TEST server.

Protx Support"

Thanks for the feedback re the IP. I suppose I should have know this but having never tried to do this before I was blissfully unaware.

I'll have to contact my host for clarification as only the SSL IP is reported via cPanel and I had thought this was being used for both. I can for example browse my site for both http and https by entering the IP.

I'll report back after get to the bottom of this.

Thanks again.

Brent

Plugin Contributions

Changing the IP solved my problem. Thanks for the advice as I've learnt something new.

Plugin Contributions

Conor, one other thing. I've made all your recommended changes and wanted know if there was any way of checking that the CC numbers are being encrypted during the session?

Regards

Brent

PS. Having steadfastly refused for 2 days to create a Simulator Account for me they have now JUST relented and set me up. It would of course be AFTER I have everything working with the Test Server but that's life

Plugin Contributions

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the update regarding Protx. I'll add the test server in as the default option when the module is installed (wait until version 1.0.3 for that! ;) ). I'll leave the option to use VPSSimulator in as well though as I find it handy for testing my development of the module! :)

I'm very glad to hear that you got the correct IP address entered and that all is now working fine. As far as testing the encryption goes, the only thing you really need to test is that you have PEAR:Crypt/Blowfish installed, but if you want to check for sure, you can see some lovely, reassuring gobbledegook by inserting the following line as line 450 in the protx_direct.php file:

PHP Code:
    print $plaintext "\n\n\n" $encrypted;exit; 
    (just after: $encrypted = $bf->encrypt($plaintext);)

It's quite plain to see that the session data is completely encrypted, it makes no sense to me whatsoever!

And as for the creation of a simulator account after everything is running... it's just the way the world of computing works, isn't it?! lol :)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor
    .... As far as testing the encryption goes, the only thing you really need to test is that you have PEAR:Crypt/Blowfish installed, but if you want to check for sure, you can see some lovely, reassuring gobbledegook by inserting the following line as line 450 in the protx_direct.php file:

PHP Code:
    print $plaintext "\n\n\n" $encrypted;exit; 
    (just after: $encrypted = $bf->encrypt($plaintext);)
    Couldn't get this to work but I'll check with my host that PEAR:Crypt/Blowfish is installed.

Just to let you know I've now gone live and everything is working perfectly. Had it not been for Protx making things difficult with the Test/Simulator issue and my lack of knowledge about the IP this install would have been a walk in the park.

Thanks again Conor , donation on it's way to you.

Plugin Contributions

Another thought. I presume there is a way to block the auto complete feature on the credit card fields so that the browser does not remember your card number etc.

I always feel uneasy when I purchase from a site that has not done that and you visit the site again and begin typing you CC number and it pops up.

Hi,

I installed the Protx direct and now after I insert the card details I receive this message:

Sorry but a technical problem has occurred when attempting to contact the Payment Gateway. Please contact us immediately so that we can get this resolved for you. Thank you!

Can you please hel me?
    What's wrong there?
    Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

This doesn't sound like it's a problem with the Protx Direct module but with your Protx Account... the very fact that you are getting that message means that the module has contacted Protx and received and parsed a legitimate response from them.

I'm going to upload a new version of the Protx module later this evening and will add a debug option in so that I can help you resolve this quickly by allowing you to see (and therefore let us know) what information exactly is being sent to and returned from Protx.

Please send me an e-mail at the address listed on the download site so that I can let you know when the new module is available for download.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast