Plugin Contributions

Default how to change domain and server at the same time? and version too possibly.

After failing I'm asking this question. I want to move my website to another host where the domain name is different by just its extension (mydomain.net to mydomain.com). Is it ok just to move database to the new server?

Or because of domain name extension change, do I have to do somehing extra.
    Server and domain anem change at the same time. I followed host change instruction but failed in addition to being newbie to server issues. Would like to know if the different domain name is causing problem.

Thanks for any feedback.
    Last edited by zenartman; 19 Jun 2006 at 09:51 AM. Reason: to articulate better

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to change domain and server at the same time? and version too possibly.

There should be no problem with the domain name change.

See the Move Instructions: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Switch_Servers

Double-check things like:
    - database permissions on the new database and database-user
    - both of your configure.php files have been updated to the new domain name
    - both of your configure.php files have been updated to the new DIR_FS_CATALOG and DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE etc paths
    - etc

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: how to change domain and server at the same time? and version too possibly.

Thank u very much for advice. I am still working on it.

What could be causing this message:
    1054 Unknown column 'startdate' in 'field list'
    in:
    [select startdate, counter, session_counter from zen_counter_history where startdate='20060620']

I'll be glad to know if there's a reason. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That means your code is looking for certain fields but your database doesn't have them yet. You need to run the zc_install/index.php process and choose Database Upgrade

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Please don't laugh at me. What the following means (found in FAQ)?
    "On your local host, create a new MySQL database. Note the username, password, database name, and host name (usually localhost). "

Does my new database should be conformed to have the same username, password, db name as the old one or the old database should be uploaded after being conformed to the user, pass, db name of the new database? I guess I'm a complete fool.

Plugin Contributions

cpanel automatic install gives bakiutra_zc1 name to my database for the site on new server while my present working server gave bakiu_zc1 name to my database. shall i rename the new database so that working database can be properly restored on it?