Plugin Contributions

Default _LRG photos not working why?

I put the icon image in the Main area and I put the _LRG in the large image area but when I click on the the larger image it only show the image in the main dir. Can some one help me on this?

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: _LRG photos not working why?

If you have used the correct naming convention and have not altered this default in your admin this should be automatic.

Just for a check

image.jpg
    image_MED.jpg
    image_LRG.jpg

picture.jpg
    picture_MED.jpg
    picture_LRG.jpg

and so forth

base image in /images
    MED in image/medium
    LRG in images/large

double check this and post back
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: _LRG photos not working why?

I have no idea why would you want to deal with 3 images when all you have to do it is to install contribution called "Image_handler" and deal with only one image. I use only one large image and the program resize to proper size needed to display. It work at http://www.jesphoto.net
    Do yourselfe a favor and easy the workflow.
    Have a fun

Plugin Contributions

Jetsphoto, with some of your images being 82k I dont think you have it installed properly
    My humble contributions....
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!
    If you have to think..... your obviously looking at the admin :)

Plugin Contributions

Re: _LRG photos not working why?

The size do not bother me, but the 1064 error does.
    I think that I mess up somwehe.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Re: _LRG photos not working why?

I'm having the same issue. I've setup up tons of sites and the naming convention is correct. This is a new 1.30.1 (full file set) install that I'm working on. The last site I just completed - I upgraded to 1.3.0.1 from 1.3.0 and and no issues with the images at all. I've checked the source code and it seems to be exactly the same as on the last site I did. When I check the properties on the "_LRG image popup (which is displaying the thumbnail) I see that it is pulling from the small image directory - images/category_name/image.jpg

My file structure in this instance is: images/braceclets/image.jpg
    images/medium/bracelets/image_MED.jpg
    images/large/bracelets/image_LRG.jpg

Now the product detail page is finding the medium image without a problem, so I'm wondering if there is a code issue with the pop-up file that I can't see.

The URL is <a href="http://www.mariazamudio.com/index.php">My site</a>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jesphoto
    I have no idea why would you want to deal with 3 images when all you have to do it is to install contribution called "Image_handler" and deal with only one image. I use only one large image and the program resize to proper size needed to display. It work at http://www.jesphoto.net
    Do yourselfe a favor and easy the workflow.
    Have a fun

A quick note here... When images load as slowly as your images are loading its an issue for the site visitor. Not everyone has high speed connections and your visitor might get tired of waiting and just move on. Another point when images "paint" on as I call it... just looks unprofessional. One can use something like Fireworks and batch optimize their images all at once and then just FTP them up. It doesn't take long to do. There are always a few extra steps in doing something correctly. Short cuts often do not pay off in the end.

Just my opinion -

Plugin Contributions

[BTYhe issue of slow loading on dial-up - I do not believe that someone would like to previu the images using dial-up as most of hi-res photos are quite large in size( 3-6M).The resized image I am using is 800X600 with watermark. I would not judge my buying of photos on less that 800X600.I do belive that 800X600 it is merly enough to make a buying decision as you can not see much of details.
    Dial-up it is "thing of the past" and if I do not have one - I will go to local library.
    The Image_Handle it is convinient and I do not have to have 3 differen size images.[/B]

Plugin Contributions

If you have images at 800x600 that are 6M in size you are wasting your band width and your customers time.

Displays normally represent 72dpi-120dpi and this makes for a maxium useable file size of about 3.5M for 800X600 and you have reached maxium viewable. FYI

I would expect that libraries would be at the lower end of the spectrum and while there are high res monitors available most do not have them yet.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

The 800X600 are only 89k. The full size it is 3-6M.Some people have set digital download as jpg - my full size images are in zip format. With jpg - if you press download it will actually display on your screen and then you have to "save as" to have this picture and with dial-up it is not good idea. Zipped jpg are not really compressed only the extension give you option do download.
    Images that you paid for picture and after comming back from paypal you can download picture.If I have in jpg format - it will slowly paint on your screen and when finally finished you can save it. In windows -the only option it is to save as bmp and that will increase in size to 22M on you hd.With "zipped" jpg you dwonload as any file. I can not see myselfe waiting to finish "painting" on my screen with dial-up. I do not think that I am wasting bandwith with 89k while I give the buyer better visual what he(she) it is about to purchase.