Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cybersource & CVV #

The logic to the CVV number has not and will not be made public. Thats why Zen Cart does not have a logic check for it. Often customers cant read the CVV after years of where and tare on the card. A simple call to the customer usually resolves the issue.

Plugin Contributions

This has nothing to do with zencart. It has to do with the contribution. The javascript in the contribution is a mess, there are few if any validations. There are specific calls that need to be made to the payment gateway of which as far as I can see none are built into the script for the current set of requirements.

It is amazing anything gets processed at all.
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Ghandi

Plugin Contributions

Whats the latest on this CVV issue?

I just read another one of you posts re- canadian addresses, so i updated that.

I am about to open my store in the next week or so and want to make sure everything works good.

Plugin Contributions

I've got a support ticket running with CyberSource. Basically, I'm asking them to establish merchant notification (auto e-mail) if a CVN/CVV puts the charges in 'review' status. This way, if the order is automatically returned for Zen processing, at least the merchant is notified that the charges aren't being applied and he/she might catch the order before product is shipped.

I've also requested that CyberSource consider changing the HOPscript default return from 'true' to 'false' for CVN/CVVs that don't match CC name & number and end up in 'review'. This gives the customer an option to match the card info properly with another checkout attempt, and also (with the auto e-mail) notifies the merchant that a charge was put in 'review' status.

I also suggested that another (possibly more complex) solution might be a third return option (neither 'true' or 'false') that puts the order on hold within the cart and at the gateway. I suspect this would require some heavy coding on both cs.php/etc and CyberSource's system - but I felt it was worth considering.

Plugin Contributions

In case anyone is wondering:
    part of holgates issue :"I've got a support ticket running with CyberSource. Basically, I'm asking them to establish merchant notification (auto e-mail) if a CVN/CVV puts the charges in 'review' status. This way, if the order is automatically returned for Zen processing, at least the merchant is notified that the charges aren't being applied and he/she might catch the order before product is shipped."

If you go to the HOP Setting in Cybersource business center and go to the notification section and put your email in the Merchant POST email box (i also had to put it in the Senders Email box), cybersource will email you all the data about the POSTed transaction including the ReviewCode and the Decsion which is ACCEPT or REVIEW (the ones i tested sent these back).

I have also found that on the page where you enter your credit card there is some javascript that gets put into the page to check things like the length of the name or credit card number and length of the ccv code. In my copy of all the code I have the names of the fields in the javascript that are referenced are not the same as the actual fields on the page. I am looking into making a change and testing it.

I am also trying to figure out from the page you enter your credit card on what all gets called and when does the info get posted to cybersource etc so I can see if there is anything I can change in the code to get it to behave the way I think it should.

If you have any insight on any of this let me know otherwise I will continue to let you know what I find out.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your efforts jclegg. I should have noticed the 'Notifications' section on the HOP page at CyberSource - but even on my second support ticket and having talked with two associates there recently, it was never mentioned when discussing this whole topic . But the return for mismatched info should still be coming back to Zen as 'false' if they are put in 'Review' status IMO.

Can anyone offer a brief description of what would be required to use CyberSource with API? Would it be a preferable interface? Would it require core coding in Zen? I've browsed through the CyberSource Info on this, but it's beyond my current level... however I'm sure the coding can be achieved - when I signed up with UltraCart a couple years back, they modified their code to accomodate the CyberSource gateway. Looks like maintenance would be an issue as Zen and CS are improved over time too.

Plugin Contributions

Here is the reply I got from a question I asked cybersource:

"Thank you for your Knowledgebase question regarding the HOP receipt and decline pages. The customer will get directed to your decline page when the decision returned is REJECT, meaning, there was no authorization code returned. Orders with a decision of ACCEPT or REVIEW get directed to your Receipt page, as a successful authorization has taken place. At this point, it is up to each merchant to decide how to handle the orders that are placed in Review.

If you would like your customers get a more specific message for their orders placed in review, then I would recommend parsing for the decision and reason code. Reason code 520 get returned for orders placed in review for Smart Auth. You can use these reply fields to give these customers are more customized receipt page."

So it looks like if you wanted to not let the order process if it was put into review status based on how you set the smartAuth setting then the code in the cybersource module needs to know it came back in review status and deal with. Either not let the order go through or whatever. This would be a good feature to have in this module so you could either allow REVIEW orders to be successful or not.

Plugin Contributions

I guess that is kinda like my 3rd recommendation - although I don't fully understand what is necessary to make it happen, how it should be setup, and/or what is required from Zen code + Cybersource.

I presume that I will receive a similar response to the CS ticket I have, but I was told "engineers are working on it". So I submitted the CS contrib-module for their review hoping they'd step up with more intimate assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Sounds good. I would like to hear what they do if anything. Currently I am working on making some modifications that even though cybersource passes back a successful order, even though it is in review status, I am going to check to see if it is in review status and get a message to the screen. I figured out where it all needs to be done. Also maybe add a parameter on the setup of the module so you can check a box to say orders in REVIEW are not valid orders or are valid orders depending on what you want to do. If / when I get this working I will let you know also. I have emails in to all the guys who have contributed to creating this module but haven' heard back from any of them.....

so that is what i got at this point.

Plugin Contributions

Have been calling back to CyberSource every 6-10 days (a few time now) to check on the update of my service ticket - I usually get the same tech, who informs me that the "engineers are still working on it". I expect to be incredibly satisfied with some new code that resolves the CVV/CVN problem completely, or to be quite dissapointed in the time taken to get blown off. In either case, I'm patiently pursuing this and will update as appropriate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast