Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: removing login info

Hello! This mod requires that you

-remove any links that take customers to the login page
    -disable features such as writing a review/tell a friend if it takes customers to the login page

If you still want to use these features, as well as gift certs or other login-required features, I suggest using the optional account mod, not my mod.

(please note that I do not use the above mentioned features so I do not know about their ability to be used without logging in. if anyone else does, please respond )

Quote Originally Posted by CJJUNE View Post
    hi

how do i disable creating an account when a click to "Write a Review" and "Tell A Friend" is made?I just want to go straight to their respective page. How? How? Please help.

Plugin Contributions

thanks craftzombie

anybody???
    Which part of the code should i change?

Plugin Contributions

I'm almost afraid to say this, but I also want a registration form that asks for a:

Given name
    Surname
    Email address
    password

and absolutely nothing else!

Before anyone starts telling me I'm crazy and that my site will be a massive security risk, I would like to remind you that a screwdriver is designed to insert and remove screws, but it can also be used to remove paint tin lids, dig holes in the ground, short out starter motors when you've lost the ignition key, plus a million other things. In fact, I could write a book on "Things you can do with a screwdriver" and another book on "Things you can do with Zencart". In other words, although Zencart is designed to be a on-line retail store, with a little imagination it can be many other things also. The contributors who started this thread were seeking help to make their store work a little differently and now I'm here also seeking a little bit of help. If you only want to offer criticism, please ignore this post.

I do not wish to run Zencart as a retail store. I'll be using it as a reference resource for people interested in a certain piece of computer software. There are several thousand sites out there with something to offer the users of this software, but a Google search will only find some of them.

I'll be using Zencart like an on-line book store. Each catalogue page will have a photo, a brief description and a link to the site concerned. My users will spend hours searching the catalog for things they need. When they find what they want, they may wish to return to that reference again and again. They could bookmark the pages I guess, but I want them to return to my site and navigate back to their bookmarked pages via the little shopping cart that appears in the side boxes.

Now here's the catch. The little shopping cart, and its big brother buried within the program only last for a few hours unless the user is registered and logged on. From what I can gather, the time the information lasts for non-registered users is controlled by a cookie, but I can't find out where it's hidden. I've previously wrote to these forums but never received an answer. I also contacted the OsCommerce and Loaded forums, but no one could come up with the answer. So here I am again.

If I can change the cookie timing to three months (The time I want the information to last for), I would not need my users to register or log in at all. Unfortunately, until I find the answer, I have to force them to register, and yes they do hate the idea.

Incidentally, I had this catalog running some years back using OSCommerce and it worked fine. I'm not trying something new here, but I would like to make the stored information feature work better.

Thanks in advance,

John

Quote Originally Posted by craftzombie View Post
    Hello! This mod requires that you

-remove any links that take customers to the login page
    -disable features such as writing a review/tell a friend if it takes customers to the login page

If you still want to use these features, as well as gift certs or other login-required features, I suggest using the optional account mod, not my mod.

(please note that I do not use the above mentioned features so I do not know about their ability to be used without logging in. if anyone else does, please respond )
    Would the optional account mod be the adding the additional log in button and changing the name to "enter billing info" ? I remember reading a post on that a while back. Is this the other option you mention?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ashton0603 View Post
    Would the optional account mod be the adding the additional log in button and changing the name to "enter billing info" ? I remember reading a post on that a while back. Is this the other option you mention?
    no, the optional account mod I am referring to is actually called "Checkout Without Account" and can be downloaded on the wiki page here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ithout_Account

The thread for that mod is located here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59189

thanks so much!

Plugin Contributions

I spent a couple hours looking for the answer on how to delete some unwanted fields the first time someone logs in. Here is the file to alter: includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_modules_create_account.php

Just delete the code you do not want and it will get rid of the login field/s.

Plugin Contributions

I tested out logging in after removing those fields, and some errors came up. So the fields are gone, but it doesn't work correctly.

Plugin Contributions

Always better to look for switches in the admin before rewriting code. You may want to return your file to it's original state and take a look in admin under configuration and customers.

Plugin Contributions

Swiper, I figured out how to do this the other night.

Check out my thread here:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75903

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314