Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: removing login info

In includes -> languages -> english.php find the following:

define('ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT', '*');

remove the * leaving the single quotes

define('ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER_TEXT', '');

save the modified file to includes -> languages -> YOUR_TEMPLATE -> english.php and upload it to your server.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: removing login info

You can not have blank or you get 1064 at line 11. I allready try that. Min value can not have 0 or less.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: removing login info

Clydejones that works. You are good. I just left require for 1st name and e-mail/password.Good enough as I do not ship and do not want to ask too many unneccessery question.I do value people privacy. Thanks

this thread is very helpful, thanks to solve my problem!

Plugin Contributions

this has helped me out too. SO thanks!

But is there anyway of removing the fields all together?

other else i do it manually.
    they are all stay in the includes/templates/[CUSTOM_TEMPLATE]/templates folder

be sure you backup before.

Plugin Contributions

Requiring a login account to place an order by credit card is one of the few problems I have with Zen Cart. Everything else has been great so far, but I don't want to force customers to have an online "account" that they don't want.

Plugin Contributions

I def think that it would be a great contribution is someone could make zen temp. register an ip addres like some stores. instead of having to have an account made.. The account thing does not bother me at this moment though. I was talking to a programer that lives by me and he is making a online store from stracth and he is using something to do with the customers ip and mac address to identify customers temporarly, to hold the information for the shooping cart. (what they ordered).. I dont know I just thought I would put my Two cents in this too.
    Zen is the best anyways and will always be. Keep up the good work.

Plugin Contributions

Allow me to rant a little here.

Those of you who are, IMHO, trying to "dummy down" ZenCart need to stop and think a bit.

If all you want is someone to buy something and leave, go to PayPal and they will make a button for you to put in some HTML on a web page. Voila! Shopping Cart!

"I don't want people to have to register." And you never want them to return? You never have a sale? Special Promotion? The PayPal option works for you too.

You don't need phone numbers? How in *#$( do you contact a credit card purchaser with a wrong card expiration date and a mistyped email address?!?

"Let's just go by IP address." Fine, which one would you like me to give you? Name one and I can present it to you. (#*#, I can just anonymously surf and you won't get one at all!

I bet some of you actually have a radio and air conditioning in you car! If you're looking for a bicycle, ZenCart AIN"T IT!

The presentation of products can be done in many ways. Some in this forum will attest to the fact that CSS is kicking their rear. However, they are here for the tracking, reports, client interaction, and kick-### features provided to them FREE by the devs. If all you want is the presentation, click here.

Plugin Contributions

Hmmm....calm down.

The business I'm doing this cart for only has 20-30 products and they don't want to make people sign up for an account. They hate how every web site makes you "sign up" and want their cart to be more like jcpenny.com or one of those other sites that allows you to order without creating an account.

Having a feature like that is not a way to "dummy down" Zen Cart, it's a way to improve it.

Also, PayPal is fine if you want to donate some money or buy something on eBay, but it's not a very professionial looking option for a business.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast