Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: removing login info

Keep losing connection.

You might want to rethink the JC Penney thing. The only things lacking on JC's "Checkout Now - Register Later" page is a password and an email preference.

Do you have to register? Technically no. Will you still receive email? Definitely. Will you have to enter all the billing information again if you ever decide to buy another item? Absolutely!

I still can't see the savings to you or the customer unless you're counting on just one sale from each customer.

If you feel so bad about the customer "having to log in", reward their having to pick a password with a 10% coupon on their next purchase. Might create a conversion and maybe even a repeat.

Plugin Contributions

I do not want customer to be forced to make an account just to buy 1 item.. But on the other hand i like the idea forcing the customer to create a account becuase it is nice to have all the information from who bought from you. What would happen if someone spoofed the ip and just ripped your mouth out. just because they did not have to create an account.. I would like to atleast have somekind of information and a trace for security reasons.. (Granted they could as easly lie about everything, but i would atleast have something) <p> Offering a discount coupon would draw customers to think past the idaea of creating an account, like Dbltoe said... So I can go both ways on this.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe
    Keep losing connection.

You might want to rethink the JC Penney thing. The only things lacking on JC's "Checkout Now - Register Later" page is a password and an email preference.

Do you have to register? Technically no. Will you still receive email? Definitely. Will you have to enter all the billing information again if you ever decide to buy another item? Absolutely!

I still can't see the savings to you or the customer unless you're counting on just one sale from each customer.

If you feel so bad about the customer "having to log in", reward their having to pick a password with a 10% coupon on their next purchase. Might create a conversion and maybe even a repeat.
    I understand that the only difference is one field: a password.

I explained to them that the data at jcpenny was probably even saved in the same database with the only difference being a "yes" or "no" in the registerd acoount field.

They still would rather use it when checking out at a site, and feel that they would lose more customers from forcing them to login than they would get from repeat business.

For their target customer, I agree. Having an account is very unlikely to result in repeat business anymore than not having an account.

And if not having an account login causes them to lose even a few sales, they are behind because of it.

In any case, they are going to use the login/account because that is the only option with ZenCart and everything else has already been setup.

You're welcome to your opinion, it may be valid for your store and customer base. But I don't think it applies to this case.

Even with this one issue, ZenCart has been a great option and I would definitely use it again. Everyone involved with the development should be commended.

Plugin Contributions

Hrere is a thought. Make the cart add a random character or string to their email when it goes to do the check and remove it when it inserts it into the database, thus bypassing the required login. I may seem like a hack and a waste but i can tell you that in my industry we lose business when a login is required, customers dont want that. And there are many many other carts that are well known that dont require logins.

Plugin Contributions

Kamino,
    Unless you are selling ###### ######## I cant believe the BS about LOSING customers if they have to create an account,

WHY would the MAJOR Players require an account if it was a turn off.
    think about it, and before you say, well they are BIG stores, remember they started off with just 1 customer just like you did.

There are 2 reasons people DONT create an account
    they are buying something they are ashamed of, Hence the ###### ######## statement ( not a slander I personally dont care )
    or they are shady....

OK,
    just say that YOU DONT WANT IT.
    quit trying to sell the "Customer dosnt like it " line, its OLD and wornout.
    Customers are PROGRAMMED to create accounts Just Like Pavlovs Dogs
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969
    Kamino,
    Unless you are selling ###### ######## I cant believe the BS about LOSING customers if they have to create an account,

WHY would the MAJOR Players require an account if it was a turn off.
    think about it, and before you say, well they are BIG stores, remember they started off with just 1 customer just like you did.

There are 2 reasons people DONT create an account
    they are buying something they are ashamed of, Hence the ###### ######## statement ( not a slander I personally dont care )
    or they are shady....

OK,
    just say that YOU DONT WANT IT.
    quit trying to sell the "Customer dosnt like it " line, its OLD and wornout.
    Customers are PROGRAMMED to create accounts Just Like Pavlovs Dogs
    Merlin,

Obvoiusly you have issues that you take comments personally. Its proven that customers who order water filters versus computers do not want to have to login as it slows them down or they forget their password and it frustrates them. We have hundreds of thousands of customers and i can tell you its the customers who dont want it. I has nothing to do with them being shady. Its both a privacy issue, since they dont want their information kept in someones database and a convenience issue.

Plugin Contributions

Its both a privacy issue, since they dont want their information kept in someones database
    and do you honestly think anyone is stupid enough to believe that you are NOT keeping their information

Sorry,
    gotta go before someone thinks IM being grumpy again
    Last edited by Merlinpa1969; 17 Aug 2006 at 04:51 PM.
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969
    and do you honestly think anyone is stupid enough to believe that you are NOT keeping their information

Look. The point is, i know we are not the only ones that have this issue with customers. And for all of you on the board that want the solution, i solved it a different way then i posted that makes it really easy for you. Just email me.

Plugin Contributions

Just an FYI, I am in the process of setting up a Zen Cart store for a company that has been in business for close to 80 years. While it is true that a lot of people are accustomed to creating an account, I don't want to make it mandatory that they do, especially given the case that a lot of our customers are older and might not be comfortable shopping online anyways. The way I see it is the fewer questions that we ask of them the better experience they will have.

Do I wish that they would create an account? Heck yes, but I'm not willing to lose a sale if someone doesn't want to. So Kamino, please please please either email me the solution that you came up with ([email protected]) or post a reply to this forum so that anyone else who finds this thread will know how to do it also. Thanks in advance!

-Andrew Cannon

Plugin Contributions

Be prepared for alot of problems with orders. Why not have a customer accounts? Your going to need their details anyway, such as their address etc. So if customers wont be willing to give you them, then theres no point in creating a online store... ?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast