Plugin Contributions

Default 1146 Table 'retail_nailspaandbeauty_com.configuration' doesn't exist

Is this something wrong with my SQL file or the configuration of zen cart's php?

Originally I only had one database 'shop_nailspaandbeauty_com' however we wanted a 2nd shop so we just renamed shop_nailspaandbeauty_com to retail_nailspaandbeauty_com and uploaded that into the 2nd database.

Was there something else I was supposed to have changed? I can't open the actual SQL file- it hangs my comp as the file is 3mb and my computer is kinda old..

any help would be great thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1146 Table 'retail_nailspaandbeauty_com.configuration' doesn't exist

It sounds as though you went about this in the wrong way. You needed to download a backup of oyur original database to your computer.

Then you create a blank database for the new website. Once you've done that you import the backup of the original database into the new (blank) database via phpMyAdmin.

If you want to open the 3Mb database on your computer then download and install Text Pad - which will allow you to open files of that size.

Be aware that the default setting to import a database using phpMyAdmin is usually 2Mb. You'll either have to cut the database in two, or else insert it from the command line using the MySQL console.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1146 Table 'retail_nailspaandbeauty_com.configuration' doesn't exist

I did backup the database to my computer- except before reuploading it as the second database I renamed it to retail_nailspaandbeauty_com so it wouldn't override the other database.

I had the people hosting my site reupload it coz as you said phpMyAdmin has a limit of 2mb.

I'm not sure how you divide the database in two--But I definately don't want to do that because that would mean paying more to my host since I would have to get another database set up.

Any idea how to fix this? so is this definately the database file problem or is it something else that can be found in the configuration php file?

furthermore I downloaded the file that was uploaded to check the text inside it- I managed to get it open this time and I noticed that there is no reference to the old shop_nailspaandbeauty_com

Plugin Contributions

New site owners very often are frightened of the words 'phpMyAdmin' but there's really no need to be. phpMyAdmin is there to make manipulating your database as easy as any other task you carry out on your website. I won't try and teach you here how to carry out things via MySQL console using command line stuff, but will keep it simple with phpMyAdmin.

So unless you wish to keep paying through the nose to get your hosts to do everything related to your database for you, follow these steps:

1. The database is around 3Mb, so chunk it up into three separate files. Open the backup file in Text Pad, highlight about a third of it and elect to 'Copy' the highlighted code. Make sure that what you copy ends on a complete ine (don't stop in the middle of a line).

2. Create a new text file and Paste that code into it.

3. Do the same with the next two thirds of the file, and you'll now have three text files all about 1Mb each which can be run into a blank database without coming up against either the file size limit or the time limit to execute.

4. Access the database you set up using phpMyAdmin, and where you see the list of tables that are in there - tick them all and then elect to drop them.

5. Next locate the SQL or Import tab in the top middle of the phpMyAdmin page. Use the Browse function to locate the first of the three text files you created. Then click the Go button. Hopefully the contents of that file should be inserted and you'll get a message which says it has been successful. Do the same with the other two files (in order), and hopefully all of your backup will now have been inserted into the new (blank) database.

Normally I'd tell people to backup their database before doing this, but if you are still getting the error that 'the configuration table does not exist' then that database isn't working anyway.

If all this goes well and you still get the error then this is caused by the backup you took not being complete.

Vger