Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Question about sticky Quick Fixes for ZC 1.3.0.1

Hi, question regarding sticky post Quick Fixes for ZC 1.3.0.1 http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34103

Have those fixes already been included in the ZC zip file that's available for download. I checked my current installation and at least the first fix I didn't have to apply, it was already there.
    The other ones I had to apply.

My second question is, for some reason my files appear to have an extra blank line or more in between each line of code. So for example, when you say "edit on line 180", I have to edit at about line 360.
    Is there something wrong with my installation or I'm fine and shouldn't worry about that?

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about sticky Quick Fixes for ZC 1.3.0.1

Not yet ... but keep your eyes peeled ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tj1
    My second question is, for some reason my files appear to have an extra blank line or more in between each line of code. So for example, when you say "edit on line 180", I have to edit at about line 360.
    Is there something wrong with my installation or I'm fine and shouldn't worry about that?

Thanks.
    How did you load your files to your site?

How did you load your files to your computer?

It sounds like you download to your computer from a built in install or something and unix and windows sometimes do not play nice together ...

Best thing is down load a clean Zen Cart v1.3.0.1 ... and upload those files to your site ...

NOTE: if upgrading backup both the database and website first ...

NOTE: if upgrading it is recommended never upgrade a Live site ... always upgrade a practice site ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Re: Question about sticky Quick Fixes for ZC 1.3.0.1

Yes, you are correct. I hadn't noticed this until now.

I did a fresh install using Fantastico, it's just so easy.

I viewed the files directly on the server via Cpanel's File Manager and they do not appear to have the extra blank lines. So it probably gets the extra blank lines once it's downloaded to my computer.

I just downloaded full ZC install zip file and unzipped to my Windows XP computer and I don't see the extra blank lines in between each line of code.

I usually download/upload individual files with FlashFXP, and this seems to be what's causing it.
    If I download a php file with FlashFXP it has the extra blank lines.
    If I download the exact php file with something else, like FlashGet, it shows correctly without the extra blank lines.

Do you know if this is some kind of bug in FlashFXP or that's the way it should work?

Most importantly, does it make any difference if my files have extra blank lines? If it does I guess I'll have to find and alternative to FlashFXP.

Plugin Contributions

NOTE: Zen Cart v1.3.0.2 was just released ...

Remember ... Our site is always the most current and accurate for downloads ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I use FlashFXP myself and have not seen any problems on downloads ...

However, I could have different settings than you ...

Unfortunately, the last time I thought about any settings was 2 years ago and several upgrades since then ... so I am not sure off the top of my head what changes I may have made to prevent this ...

NOTE: I also use UltraEdit and that supresses spaces and such to clean up code nicely ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Im just wondering, in the thread mentioned there are 4 changed files but in the download there are a whole bunch more that seem to be changed.

Does this mean there are really more than the 4 changes mentioned in that thread?
    Thanks in advance.
    My humble contributions....
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!
    If you have to think..... your obviously looking at the admin :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Reesy
    Does this mean there are really more than the 4 changes mentioned in that thread?
    Thanks in advance.
    Yes -- and they're all listed in the WhatsNew document in the ZIP, as per standard release procedure.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

ah!
    Totally forgot about those docs!
    Taxi for one please!

popup window for discount coupons wasn't working if shopping-cart sidebox was disabled, and was sharing the same window as product images, thus not resizing appropriately with coupon info in the window
    fixed whos_online to not create multiple entrees for session_redirect ON

fixed bug with create-account module causing the dropdown for State to switch to Alabama vs keyed state name
    fixed default sort order for All Products page
    shopping cart page wasn't right when update buttons were in various disabled states
    html_output.php with SSL links, was not calling the right subfolder for DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG... bad on shared ssl hosting if paths are different
    fixed Advanced Search Result error when Product Listing is set to only show products_name
    fix to metatags description handling
    fixed display bug in order-status-history...table was being repeated for each order-status entry
    removed duplicate message-stack warnings on search-results page
    removed occasional blank-line message-stack alerts on checkout pages
    fixed errors in product-listing when "display product add to cart button" is set to 0
    cleaned up missing line-breaks in some language files
    freeoptions shipping module: Fixed maximum settings on total, weight and items. Also fixed missing Shipping Cost + Handling for other extended uses. Uninstall and reinstall for correct settings.
    fixed the incorrect treatment of ' marks in coupon name/description in coupon-edit mode
    fixed shopping-cart sidebox template so div tags aren't mismatched
    fixed contact-us page to support status=2 switch in admin->config->define page status
    fixed shipping estimator width bug when not logged in for display
    fixes to coupon-restrictions and added ability to add all categories as deny/allow option
    fixed bug in customer review-edit page causing textarea to not display proper width
    some order-status update HTML-formatted emails were not rendering line-spacing properly
    removed extraneous id="=" marks from some template files
    fix for redeeming coupon on minimum order
    fixed logic loop bug in ot_coupon module
    uncommented $GV_AMOUNT parameter in gv_mail HTML email template
    fixed typo in style name on password-forgotten page
    fixed problem in searches where use of apostrophe would cause no results to show up
    installer fixes to PHP version detection and open_basedir validation
    Fix bug: GV Sent was including Discount Coupons on the display of the GVs
    Added filter for coupon_type = 'G'
    fixed display of notices related to downloadable items not available
    fixed bug related to non-english characters not displaying properly in admin
    fixed bug related to session problems if blocking cookies and using search sideboxes
    fixed bug in address-book where creating new primary address resulted in SQL error
    fixed phpBB integration bug where changing email address in Zen Cart wasn't updating phpBB
    added auto-increment fixer tool in zc_install folder to help with cases where host broke db
    added option for administrator to send newsletter/emails to self for testing
    fix bugs related to session problems and newer PHP configurations where "recreate session" was enabled
    fix downloads display on checkout_success to appear after product notifications and order id
    fix to prev/next navigation where category number wasn't set
    My humble contributions....
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!
    If you have to think..... your obviously looking at the admin :)

Plugin Contributions

Re: Question about sticky Quick Fixes for ZC 1.3.0.1

So 1.3.0.2 just released, that's very nice. I guess I'll wait a few days before installing that.

As for the issue with FlashFXP inserting extra blank lines, I have found what's causing that, in case anyone is having that issue.
    You have to set it to transfer all files as 'binary'.
    I had it in 'auto mode' and it was transferring php files as ASCII. Now I have as binary and everything works perfect.
    I only wish I had found out sooner as I've made lots of changes and now I have start with fresh files again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast