Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Question about sticky Quick Fixes for ZC 1.3.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by tj1
    As for the issue with FlashFXP inserting extra blank lines, I have found what's causing that, in case anyone is having that issue.
    You have to set it to transfer all files as 'binary'.
    I had it in 'auto mode' and it was transferring php files as ASCII. Now I have as binary and everything works perfect.
    Thanks for sharing that discovery; however, in "most" cases, PHP files should NOT be transferred as binary. Granted, sometimes the way a server is handling line-ending translations may create such confusion.

I'm just responding with the above so that future readers don't just blindly go trying to use binary transfers, and end up with problems instead of solutions.

Glad it's working for "your" situation though !

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a way to just patch the lines with bugs and avoid the wholesale update? I ask because I have mod quite a bit and seems that my mods are lost after the update from 1.301 to 1.302.

I really don't want to update unless these bugs are really worrysome.

Thank you

Henry

Plugin Contributions

If you have something like Beyond Compare from scootersoftware.com ... you could check each file that was changed against your site and update these changes ...

Read through the /docs and you will see the change log and what's new ... there are quite a few fixes and I would really recommend you upgrade your site ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by henrygoh
    Is there a way to just patch the lines with bugs and avoid the wholesale update? I ask because I have mod quite a bit and seems that my mods are lost after the update from 1.301 to 1.302.

I really don't want to update unless these bugs are really worrysome.

Thank you

Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh
    If you have something like Beyond Compare from scootersoftware.com ... you could check each file that was changed against your site and update these changes ...

Read through the /docs and you will see the change log and what's new ... there are quite a few fixes and I would really recommend you upgrade your site ...
    Just a brief addendum to Ajeh's comment ... you would only need to compare the files from the "changed-files-only" ZIP.
    Beyond Compare or WinMerge will let you see the line-by-line differences and individually merge those changes into your customizations or vice-versa.

Not all the changes were just edits of individual lines ... some were rearranging of code, and some were large changes to blocks of code. While generating a diff-patch may be deemed useful to some, the file-by-file comparison gives you far greater control to be sure that changes made by the patch fixes aren't accidentally breaking some of the same lines you may have customized.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you both for guiding me on this.

Henry Goh

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    Thanks for sharing that discovery; however, in "most" cases, PHP files should NOT be transferred as binary. Granted, sometimes the way a server is handling line-ending translations may create such confusion.

I'm just responding with the above so that future readers don't just blindly go trying to use binary transfers, and end up with problems instead of solutions.

Glad it's working for "your" situation though !
    Thank you very much for that info DrByte. Now that you mention it, yes, I'm probably wrong. I guess there probably is something wrong with FlashFXP that won't convert text files correctly.

I think I now understand a bit better the difference between transferring in binary and ASCII modes after doing a few searches on google.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12