Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Upgraded ; Lost Everything :(

Well, I updated my Zencart to 1.3.02 today, and lost everything.

I did everything that I did to the upgrade on 1.3 to 1.3.01, but when I went back into the website, all of the product information was gone.

I did backup the database using the module found in tools>>backup mysql, but my products are still not coming back to me.

What can I do?!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgraded ; Lost Everything :(

1. When you enter the Admin area, are your products there?

2. I know you said that you "did everything you did for previous upgrade", but can you please list EXACTLY what steps you did ?

3. Did you do this on a live site or a test site first?

4. What is the URL?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Doc,

When I enter the admin area, all the products are gone...like I am now starting a new.

When I upgraded, I downloaded the the changed files only and uploaded them onto the server. I didn't do it on a test server, because I've upgrdaded before and didn't think something would go wrong. Anyway, went into zc_install, upgraded database, and filled out information.

Then, clicked install. Went back on the website, and now everything is gone besides my banner

Before upgrading, I back uped the database using the Tools>>Backup MySQL in the admin.

I entered the admin yet again after I saw what happened, and tried restoring what i back uped but nothing happened.

My website it at www.pawglamour.com.

Plugin Contributions

Meh,

I'm not going to try anymore.

I'll just start over.

Plugin Contributions

Same thing happened to me. Luckily I backed up my database and site through my website control panel so I was able to scratch the upgrade and just reload my back ups. Not sure what I did wrong either!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did you click on "Install" or click on "Database Upgrade" from the system-inspection page?

- "Install" will wipe your old database.
    - "Database Upgrade" will provide an interface where you can choose which incremental upgrades you want to apply to your existing database.
    Last edited by DrByte; 23 Jun 2006 at 12:16 AM.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ah.

Unlike me Sami, you were smart enough to backup the database through your control panel. Me and my stupid assumptions that everything will work out well.

I guess now that I'm starting completely new again, I can redo some things that I screwed up on the previous website. But it kind of sucks that I have to redo all of the products. I was ready to go live sometime this week also.

I AM glad though that I saved a majority of my customizations to my desktop.

Valuable lesson learned today: BACK UP EVERYTHING!

Sigh.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you've done a database backup before upgrading, then the backup file should be located in your /admin/backups folder

You should be able to copy that file to your PC, and then use phpMyAdmin to do a restore.
    Here's one article explaining the how-to of restoring, albeit from a slightly different context:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p..._THE_DATABASE:

Plugin Contributions

If it's worth anything, your shopping site looks fantastic Turtle Dove...

Wish mine can end up so clean... Have oodles to learn with customizing...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Theeved

It took me a whole lot of time and asking on the forums to get things where I want them to be. Like I said before, I am so glad I saved the customizations on my PC because if I didn't, I would be crying right now. Me redoing the product info is fine, but if I had to do the customizations all over again, I would go crazy.

And Doc, I started all over again. Deleted the old zencart and everything, so the backup that I made is all gone. I couldn't restore it when I tried to though. But, thanks for you help, as always.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast