Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WorldPay Module for ZenCartv1.3x

Does The worldpay moduel need ssl installing on the server i'm using?
    And does any one know if its possible that the callback responce is been sent
    some where different to where the shop is trying to pick it up?

Plugin Contributions

I have fixed the problem by changing the shop/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_wpcallback_default.php from

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['transId'])) {$transId = $HTTP_POST_VARS[transId];}
    if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['transStatus'])) {$transStatus = $HTTP_POST_VARS[transStatus];}
    if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['cartId'])) {$cartId = $HTTP_POST_VARS[cartId];}
    if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['name'])) {$name = $HTTP_POST_VARS[name];}
    if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['address'])) {$address = $HTTP_POST_VARS[address];}
    if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['postcode'])) {$postcode = $HTTP_POST_VARS[postcode];}
    if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['country'])) {$country = $HTTP_POST_VARS[country];}
    if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['tel'])) {$tel = $HTTP_POST_VARS[tel];}
    if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['email'])) {$email = $HTTP_POST_VARS[email];}
    if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['authAmountString'])) {$authAmountString = $HTTP_POST_VARS[authAmountString];}
    if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['cardType'])) {$cardType = $HTTP_POST_VARS[cardType];}
    if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['testMode'])) {$testMode = $HTTP_POST_VARS[testMode];}
    // if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['transTime'])) {$transTime = $HTTP_POST_VARS[transTime];}

to

if(isset($_POST['transId'])) {$transId = $_POST[transId];}
    if(isset($_POST['transStatus'])) {$transStatus = $_POST[transStatus];}
    if(isset($_POST['cartId'])) {$cartId = $_POST[cartId];}
    if(isset($_POST['name'])) {$name = $_POST[name];}
    if(isset($_POST['address'])) {$address = $_POST[address];}
    if(isset($_POST['postcode'])) {$postcode = $_POST[postcode];}
    if(isset($_POST['country'])) {$country = $_POST[country];}
    if(isset($_POST['tel'])) {$tel = $_POST[tel];}
    if(isset($_POST['email'])) {$email = $_POST[email];}
    if(isset($_POST['authAmountString'])) {$authAmountString = $_POST[authAmountString];}
    if(isset($_POST['cardType'])) {$cardType = $_POST[cardType];}
    if(isset($_POST['testMode'])) {$testMode = $_POST[testMode];}
    // if(isset($_POST['transTime'])) {$transTime = $_POST[transTime];}

It works now! if any one knows of a problem which this change of code can course please tell me, but after testing it a number of times is seems to be fine.

Plugin Contributions

Default WorldPay Module - Currency selection

I received this request from a client today...

I had to switch off currencies because the order is passed on to Worldpay in the currency selected, and Worldpay is set up to deal only with GBP. Can we make it so that the currency displayed is whatever the user chooses, but the currency actually passed on to Worldpay is GBP?
    Is it possible?
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Hi everybody!

Just back from a last minute break in sunny Spain hence my absence from this thread. My has this thread been busy! I'll try to get round to responding as best I can to the unresolved issues over the next few days.

I'll answer Ryk first because its easy.

WorldPay will only accept transacions in currencies that your account is set up to accept. When your account is originally set up by WorldPay this will be in the currency that you have nominated - in your case Sterling. If you require to make transactions in any other currency you will need to ask WorldPay to set these currencies up for you in your account. There is a set up fee charged for each additional currency you request. I think this is around £50 per currency but best check this with WorldPay.

You need to be sure that offering a particular currency will generate sufficient extra business to justify the initial outlay. Another thing to bear in mind is that if you allow transactions in, for example, US dollars the proceeds of any sale in Dollars will be deposited into your account in your home bank accounts currency ie Sterling. You, the merchant, pay the currency conversion fees from US Dollars to Sterling. If you only offer transactions in Sterling then the customer's credit card issuer charges the customer the currency conversion fees when charging the Sterling transaction to his account in Dollars.

Tricky one to evaluate.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Glad to see your back Alan, hope the holiday was good.

Some issues I have found with worldpay in this thread, care to comment?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40298

ta

Plugin Contributions

Ryk,

Actually I've just re-read your post and realised that I have missed the point a bit. What your customer is asking is that prices be DISPLAYED in the store in the currency of the customer's choice but that all transactions take place in Sterling, ie the payment module sends the transaction details to WorldPay in Sterling.

I suppose this should be possible but would need to be thought out in detail before implementing. The danger is that the customer may think they are being deceived in that the actual costs charged to his/her card will not be as stated on the payment pages.

There are two possible ways round this:

1. A prominent statement somewhere in the payment pages to the effect that his/her card will be charged in sterling at the appropriate exchange rate and not in the currency displayed. Other currency prices will therefore be approximate only since the merchant has no control over exchange rates at the time the transaction is charged to the customer's card.

2. Amend the final payment page to show both the current (approximate) customer's currency price AND the Sterling value that will be charged to the card.

Not sure that the confusion that might ensue would be worth the effort - but maybe others feel differently. Personally I feel that it is more transparent if the transaction takes place in the currency displayed. I'm not sure if WorldPay would take a view on this.

Regards,

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Paul,

It was great thanks, but ... touched down at Glasgow today at 12:40, got home to find 250 emails waiting for me. It's now 20:25 on Glasgow Fair Friday and it feels like I've never been away. Holidays were ever thus!

Had a quick look at your thread but want to catch up on some of the other issues first. Actually I've got a commission to rebuild one of my customer's stores from scratch and I'm thinking of taking a long hard look at the whole WorldPay module. The current module was originally ported over from OS Commerce (oops! am I allowed to mention the 'other' project) by Network Dad and has gone through a few tweaks since then until I seem to have become it's keepr by default. I think it probably needs a new look from the ground up and I'm hoping my new project will provide the impetus for me to do just that. That might be the time for me to look at your issue assuming you have not cracked it by then yourself. My new project is due to run through August which gives an idea of timescales.

Regards,

Alan

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Alan - it was as I expected but as the client himself set up the WorldPay end, I wanted to be sure of my thinking.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Hi folks,

I've got the WP module setup and running fine but it keeps displaying its in test mode for some reason?! The payments are going through but it displays to the user :

"Response from WorldPay:

This is a TEST TRANSACTION. No money has changed hands

Please check your contact details. If there are any errors please contact us immediately.

Your payment details are detailed below. If you have experienced any problems with your payment please contact WorldPay immediately.

£6.99 has been debited from your Mastercard card.
    Our ref: eb4a8fa466c903b60684a7facaf47610
    Your WorldPay Transaction ID is 190323799

You will find WorldPay contact information here
    Your Order Number is: 10"

and my bank account shows the payment having gone through :

"16/08/2006 17/08/2006 5970 WRAFTYBITZ INTERNET £6.99 "

Any ideas on this puzzler?

Thanks,

Rikki

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki

and my bank account shows the payment having gone through :
    Rikki,

Do you mean that you have put through a 'test' transaction in 'live' mode using your own credit card to pay for the purchase and the quote above refers to a debit from your card acount rather than a credit to your account from WorldPay? Credits from WorldPay are paid weekly, four weeks in arrears, so will not have reached your bank account yet.

Have you requested WorldPay to make your WorldPay account live?

To do this you should have forwarded to WorldPay a completed Activation Request Form. WorldPay will then revue the site and if everything is OK they will activate the site at which point you should set the transaction mode in Admin>Modules Payment>Credit Card via WorldPay to '0' and then make a small value purchase using your own valid card. If everything is working properly the transaction should go through successfully and there should be no 'Test Transaction' message on the callback response page. You can then refund your card via the WorldPay Control Panel and if you ask WorldPay nicely they will refund your WorldPay account the transaction fees for this 'test' transaction.

I don't know what happens if you attempt to put through a 'live' transaction before WorldPay has activated the account - I've never tried. If this is what you have done perhaps you have just found out.

I'm just guessing here so could you detail exactly the status of the account and what your Admin settings are.

Regards,

Alan

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast