Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping to only certain zip codes

I am going to be doing a shopping cart site for a florist, and would like to only allow shipping to certain zip codes surround her shop. Is there a plugin or a way to limit this? I know you can limit shipping to certain zones, but from what I can tell that is only for whole states, and I need to limit it to a zip code or two.

Any help is appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping to only certain zip codes

I have a module that will only become available if the delivery address postcode appears in the list of postcodes in the admin panel.

It works on the earlier version of Zen Cart but I should be testing it with 1.3.5 soon

Let me know if you still need it

Siege

Plugin Contributions

siege,

I would love to have your code for that...could you post it here or email it to me at andrew AT andrewcannon DOT com? Thanks!

-Andrew

Plugin Contributions

Ok Guys

This is not the normal postcode shipping module

This one has been upgraded so you can set a maximum number of deliveries. The reason I did this is that we do local deliveries and I set this module up for Monday through Saturday. So we don't have heaps of deliveries on one day we can limit the number of orders that can select that delivery day. It works by counting how many orders have already been processed using this module and that also have their status set to '1'. This means that once the orders have been filled and the status updated to completed you will have 0 orders returned and so you can start again. If this feature is not something you want you can disable it by setting the number very high eg 100000. I could change the code so that if the max count field is empty it ignores it (maybe down the track)

Let me know how you get on with it and if you find it useful make a donation to support Zen Cart.

All the best

Siege
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Question... for postal codes... what is the format?

for example... would it be X0X0X0 or X0X 0X0 or X0X-0X0

so T4C 1L6, T4C 1L5, T4C 1L2, .... would be the list...

can a wild charater be used like "?"

so I can then say T4C ???, T3C ???, T2C 1R?, etc..... just trying to reduce typing when you have a million plus people in the city its a lot of postal code!

perhaps add a small readme document with instructions on the english tags, a they don't show up (in the admin) under ZC 1.3.6.

Question #2
    This basically acts like the flat rate module, but with restrictions on the "postal codes" used.

Cheers,
    Quentin

Plugin Contributions

I have this installed and it is showing up allbeit as the module name (see link below), but it is not working as in if a user has a different delivery zip code the option for free local delivery is still live.

I am using this in v1.3.6

Please advise.

I posted one question at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ght=local+zone

Plugin Contributions

Hi.
    I have a few questions about this.
    When you say
    " This is not the normal postcode shipping module",
    what is the normal postcode shipping module you are referring to?

My other question is what happens if the location is not in the included zone?
    For the site I am working on, I need to prevent users in certain states from completing a sale. In this case, I would like to email the information about the sale to the retailer, and tell the customer that they cannot complete the order online, but somebody from the store wil contact them. How can I do this?
    thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi briandmiller

Sorry for the delay in checking this forum - life has been a little hectic lately.

Quote Originally Posted by briandmiller View Post
    I have this installed and it is showing up allbeit as the module name (see link below), but it is not working as in if a user has a different delivery zip code the option for free local delivery is still live.

I am using this in v1.3.6

Please advise.

I posted one question at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ght=local+zone

Ok - There are 2 files that need to be installed the \includes\modules\shipping\drmdelivery.php
    and the \includes\languages\english\modules\shipping\drmdelivery.php

You need to have both files installed for the names to come up correctly. You can edit the language file (the file with languages in its path) to change the names that display on invoices and in the checkout.
    Siege

Servant of the LORD.

Ask, and it will be given to you
    Seek, and you will find;
    Knock, and it will be opened to you...

Matthew 7:7

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bissej View Post
    Hi.
    I have a few questions about this.
    When you say
    " This is not the normal postcode shipping module",
    what is the normal postcode shipping module you are referring to?

My other question is what happens if the location is not in the included zone?
    For the site I am working on, I need to prevent users in certain states from completing a sale. In this case, I would like to email the information about the sale to the retailer, and tell the customer that they cannot complete the order online, but somebody from the store wil contact them. How can I do this?
    thanks.
    Hi bissej

I had an old module for an earlier version of zencart. It was never posted on the forums.

For your situation it looks like postcode provides overkill as far as resolution goes. You should be able to use the zones and have the delivery option only available to the states you deliver to without contacting the customer. To use the postcode module you would need to input every postcode that falls inside the area you deliver to which could be a longer list than the database will accept.

In any case you would most likley need a special report that tells you of the orders that have been processed that need personal contact (eg. phone call). The alternative would be to have a customised shipping module made that would email you everytime a customer checked out using that delivery module so you would know that you need to contact them.

I hope this helps you
    Siege

Servant of the LORD.

Seek, and you will find;

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by quentinjs View Post
    Question... for postal codes... what is the format?

for example... would it be X0X0X0 or X0X 0X0 or X0X-0X0

so T4C 1L6, T4C 1L5, T4C 1L2, .... would be the list...

can a wild charater be used like "?"

so I can then say T4C ???, T3C ???, T2C 1R?, etc..... just trying to reduce typing when you have a million plus people in the city its a lot of postal code!

perhaps add a small readme document with instructions on the english tags, a they don't show up (in the admin) under ZC 1.3.6.

Question #2
    This basically acts like the flat rate module, but with restrictions on the "postal codes" used.

Cheers,
    Quentin

Hi Quentin

Answer #1
    The formating requires the exact postcode. I haven't tested it using wildcards like you suggest. The module could be modified to accept wildcards with some effort I'm sure. The readme document is a good idea, I am yet to test the program with 1.3.6, once I have done that I will release an update to the module.

Question #1
    Did it work fine for you using 1.3.5 and then stop working or have you only used it in 1.3.6?

Answer #2

Yes. This works like the flat rate module only limited by postcode. It was intended for store that want to offer a local delivery in their immediate area and need better resolution than the zones offer. You can however make as many copies of this module and rename them so you can offer different prices for different areas.

Hope this helps

Any further questions just post'em up and I will replay as soon as I get them.
    Siege

Servant of the LORD.

Seek, and you will find;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast