My family and I live in Brighton, England
    Plugin Contributions

Multiple Currency Options

Hello - When a customer places an order in a currency other then the default, I receive the order in that non-default currency. Is it avoidable? I would like to receive all my orders in my local currency but still provide the currency option for shoppers.

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Currency Options

Isn't this the same topic? Seemingly also posted by you for the same website?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39068

The feature you're requesting isn't built-in to Zen Cart.... but is an interesting idea, nonetheless.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Can't slip anything past you, Doc.

So it's true that one must deal with each order in the currency that the customer selected? But then, it seems, that if a person is not careful, he or she could lose their shirt via currency exchange.
    Hmmm...Maybe I'll just offer shopping in my local currency and let the customers bank deal with it. Do you think customers will be lost this way?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by beadedlily
    Maybe I'll just offer shopping in my local currency and let the customers bank deal with it. Do you think customers will be lost this way?
    I think that really depends on the kind of customers you attract, as well as socialogical norms in the geographic regions where your customers abide.

As for losing your shirt, there shouldn't be an issue if your currency-exchange rates are up-to-date, as payment will be collected based on the price calculated from your site's exchange rate on the date of purchase. ... so in theory it should all match closely anyway. The challenge occurs when you start dealing with refunds, which would be an entirely manual process .... and in that case, the customer surely would want you dealing with them in "their" currency (or at least the currency in which they placed the order) if at all possible anyway.

Oh, and if you do lose your shirt, I know an online site where you can buy another one ... in whatever currency you desire

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.