Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Return Authorization mod issues...

clyde was going to work on the first issue if and when he got time. there isnt anything built in at this time that tells you you sent it. i asked about that too in my thread.

as for the second, i didnt try to reply to mine so im not sure... did you check to make sure it was coded right? or that you werent logged in w/ the stores email addy when you sent the test email to yourself?
    G Clef Jewelry
    Dichroic and Beaded Jewelry

Plugin Contributions

Oh OK, I didn't see anything further about the first issue so I wasn't sure if it had been resolved.

Nope I wasn't logged in at all when I tested it. I uploaded the mod as is, the only changes I made were the ones listed in the other thread to make the reason show up.

It's weird because both of these things worked just fine in 1.2.7...
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle

I have installed the returns mod on 1.3.0.2, but when you submit the form, it just refreshes the page and all the fields go blank, it doesn't take you to the success page. The e-mail is sent correctly.

Thanks so much!
    Here's an update that should take care of this issue.

Just replace your current tpl_returns_default.php with the one from the zip file.

run the sql statement from your admin -> tools -> install SQL Patches (this will add a new entry in configruation -> define pages status.)

Attachment 427
    Last edited by clydejones; 3 Nov 2006 at 08:10 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Lol I just fixed this on my own and was coming to post the fix! I didn't update anything in the SQL though...here is my updated tpl_returns_default.php, the parts in bold are the changes:

<?php
    /**
    * Return Template
    * @package templateSystem
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2005 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: tpl_page_3_default.php 3254 2006-03-25 17:34:04Z ajeh $
    */
    ?>
    <div class="centerColumn" id="pageThree">

<h1 id="pageThreeHeading" class="mmn"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

<div id="pageThreeMainContent">
    <?php
    require($define_page);
    ?>
    </div>
    <div class="content">
    <?php echo zen_draw_form('returns', zen_href_link(FILENAME_RETURNS, 'action=send')); ?>
    <?php
    if (isset($_GET['action']) && ($_GET['action'] == 'success')) {
    ?>

<div class="mainContent success"><?php echo TEXT_SUCCESS; ?></div>

<div class="buttonRow"><?php echo zen_back_link() . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_BACK, BUTTON_BACK_ALT) . '</a>'; ?></div>

<?php
    } else {
    ?>

<fieldset id="contactUsForm">
    <legend>Return Request</legend>
    <br class="clearboth" />
    <label class="inputLabel" for="contactname"><?php echo ENTRY_NAME; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('contactname', $name, ' size="40" id="contactname"') . '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL . '</span>'; ?>
    <br class="clearboth" />
    <label class="inputLabel" for="email-address"><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('email', ($error ? $_POST['email'] : $email), ' size="40" id="email-address"') . '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_REQUIRED_SYMBOL . '</span>'; ?>
    <br class="clearboth" />
    <label class="inputLabel" for="street-address"><?php echo ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('street_address', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_street_address', '40') . ' id="street-address"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_STREET_ADDRESS_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <br class="clearboth" />
    <label class="inputLabel" for="city"><?php echo ENTRY_CITY; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('city', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_city', '40') . ' id="city"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_CITY_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_CITY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <br class="clearboth" />
    <?php
    if (ACCOUNT_STATE == 'true') {
    ?>
    <label class="inputLabel" for="state"><?php echo ENTRY_STATE; ?></label>

<?php
    if ($process == true) {
    if ($entry_state_has_zones == true) {
    echo zen_draw_pull_down_menu('state', $zones_array, $zone_name . ' id="state"');
    } else {
    echo zen_draw_input_field('state', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_state', '40') . ' id="state"');
    }
    } else {
    echo zen_draw_input_field('state', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_state', '40') . ' id="state"');
    }
    if (zen_not_null(ENTRY_STATE_TEXT)) echo '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_STATE_TEXT . '</span>';?>
    <br class="clearboth" />
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    <label class="inputLabel" for="postcode"><?php echo ENTRY_POST_CODE; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('postcode', '', zen_set_field_length(TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK, 'entry_postcode', '40') . ' id="postcode"') . (zen_not_null(ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT) ? '<span class="alert">' . ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?>
    <br class="clearboth" />
    <label class="inputLabel" for="order_number"><?php echo ENTRY_ORDER_NUMBER; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('order_number', '', 'size="30"') ; ?>
    <br class="clearboth" />
    <label class="inputLabel" for="value"><?php echo ENTRY_VALUE; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('value', '', 'size="30"') ; ?>
    <br class="clearboth" />
    <label class="inputLabel" for="item_number"><?php echo ENTRY_ITEM_NUMBER; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('item_number', '', 'size="15"') ; ?>
    <br class="clearboth" />
    <label class="inputLabel" for="item_name"><?php echo ENTRY_ITEM_NAME; ?></label>
    <?php echo zen_draw_input_field('item_name', '', 'size="30"') ; ?>
    <br class="clearboth" />
    <label class="inputLabel" for="action"><?php echo ENTRY_ACTION; ?></label>
    <select name="action">
    <?php echo '<option value="' . ENTRY_ACTION_REFUND . '">' . ENTRY_ACTION_REFUND . '</option>' ; ?>
    </select>
    <br class="clearboth" />
    <label for="reason">Reason for Return:</label>
    <textarea name="reason" cols="30" rows="7" id="reason"></textarea>
    </fieldset>

<div class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_SEND, BUTTON_SEND_ALT); ?></div>
    <div class="buttonRow back"><?php echo zen_back_link() . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_BACK, BUTTON_BACK_ALT) . '</a>'; ?></div>
    <?php
    }
    ?>
    </form>
    </div>
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

The other issue is that when I receive the e-mail, if I reply to it, it puts my store e-mail address in the Send To field, instead of the customers. It did not do this on 1.2.7.

Anyone have any thoughts on either of those issues?

Thanks so much!
    Do you have any ideas on this at all? I just can't figure it out I've compared and all the return mod files on my 1.2.7 site are identical to the 1.3.0.2 ones except for the tpl file.
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Really noone has any idea? I'm getting desperate lol. I know it seems like it's no big deal, but my client really wants this aspect of it to work. It's holding up her whole site right now I've compared all the files and can't find what could be causing the problem
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

In my opinion, ditch this mod. It is causing you way too much headache. Take a look at this. Its a free form generator which you can use to easily create a returns email form and can even designate a returns confirmation page.

http://phpformgen.sourceforge.net/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by voltage
    In my opinion, ditch this mod. It is causing you way too much headache. Take a look at this. Its a free form generator which you can use to easily create a returns email form and can even designate a returns confirmation page.

http://phpformgen.sourceforge.net/
    Thanks, but...I installed that form generator, got it all working beautifully right within the Zen Cart site using EZ pages, but when it sends the form it puts phpformgenerator AT yourwebsite DOT com as the from e-mail, so when you reply, it just sends it to a non-existent address! Since that is the only reason I can't use the returns mod, this form generator is pretty much useless for me

The reply to e-mail is the only thing that isn't working for me with the returns mod. If I can just figure out how to fix whatever is making the store address show as the reply to e-mail, I will be SO happy! It did work fine in 1.2.7, I just can't figure what has changed and how I can fix it...
    Danielle

Plugin Contributions

Really noone has any idea? I'm getting desperate lol. I know it seems like it's no big deal, but my client really wants this aspect of it to work. It's holding up her whole site right now I've compared all the files and can't find what could be causing the problem
    Danielle,

Just had a thought about this and I'm not even sure about it.

Are your e-mails being forwarded from your domain to another e-mail address.

I've noticed that replying to forwarded e-mails results in the problem you cited above.

again just a thought.

Plugin Contributions

I've made form with this before and I know you can change this email. Look at the readme for the software. We know that the returns mod is not working for you, but posting the same problem every day is not helping you find the answer. It wasn't a very good mod to start with, and there are alternatives. Or you can wait for someone to fix the problem for you I guess . . .

Thanks, but...I installed that form generator, got it all working beautifully right within the Zen Cart site using EZ pages, but when it sends the form it puts phpformgenerator AT yourwebsite DOT com as the from e-mail, so when you reply, it just sends it to a non-existent address! Since that is the only reason I can't use the returns mod, this form generator is pretty much useless for me

The reply to e-mail is the only thing that isn't working for me with the returns mod. If I can just figure out how to fix whatever is making the store address show as the reply to e-mail, I will be SO happy! It did work fine in 1.2.7, I just can't figure what has changed and how I can fix it...

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast