Plugin Contributions

Default Newsletter Sign Up Box

Okay, so maybe I'm missing something completely, but here it is:

When I installed ZenCart, I think I opted to not use the newsletter feature.

Well, now I've decided it would be a great tool to use.

But, I cannot find for the life of me how to put a newsletter sign up box on my store's page! For instance, I'd like a box where someone can enter their e-mail address on the left or right side of the homepage.

My store's address is http://store.moumusic.com

Thanks!

Jim

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Newsletter Sign Up Box

ZenCart newsletter subscriptions generally require a person to sign up for an account (at which point they opt in or out of the newsletter).

There's a newsletter-only contribution in the downloads section under 'other modules' that will allow newsletter-only subscriptions, if this is what you are looking for. It's for ZenCart v1.3+. I'll be releasing an update, hopefully tonight, but more likely in the next day or so that fixes a few known issues (see my site or the contrib thread) and adds a few new features.

-Ng_

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for the suggestion!

I downloaded the module and I'm ready to install. But, I ran into a huge problem. My FTP program (I'm on a Macbook using Fetch) is overwriting my folders.

What I mean is this:

I'm supposed to copy the "Admin" folder from the newletter module on my hard drive to my web server. However, when I do that, it just REPLACES my current admin (which has a lot more files) with the newsletter admin. Isn't it just supposed to replace the needed files? On top of that, even if I try to move just the folders inside "Admin", I end up replacing my includes folder, too.

So, the first time I tried to copy the folders, it screwed up my store bad. Any suggestions on how to move/replace/add only the files I upload without deleting my current folders? Thanks!

Jim

Plugin Contributions

*ouch*
    I'm sorry you've had so much trouble!

I checked the Fetch site to see if this was a common problem, and all I could find was that Fetch does allow mirroring, which would do exactly as you describe. Is it possible you have a configuration option set to always mirror?

The alternative would be navigating through the file structure and uploading each individual file, or seeing if you can merge the files on your computer first (but then you would be uploading the entire site again, which would not be great).

You might want to wait for the update (tonight or tomorrow at worst...I'm finishing up the last of it now) and try then if you do have to upload it file by file (so you won't repeat yourself).

-Ng_

Plugin Contributions

Thanks! I'm going to do some research on how to turn mirroring off in Fetch. Or, I'll just get a new program! I'm glad you could decipher what I was talking about!

I will wait for the update- I really liked your site! I'll check back tonight to see if it's here,

Jim