Plugin Contributions

Default Report needed: List of customers who have purchased specific product

Greetings folks:

Newbie here, but one who has her store customized quite well and up and running. I've searched and searched for this, but not finding quite the answer I need.

My store doesn't sell product - it sells advance tickets to events. I need to be able to generate a simple report that lists the customer names of all the people who have purchase a specific event ticket. This is for the registration folks at the event, who will tick off the name of the purchaser.

I installed Sales report and that didn't quite do it. Then I took a look at SuperOrders and can't tell if it will or not, yet don't wish to install if it doesn't.

Does anyone know of an easy way to do this that I'm missing? Or, if this has been covered in a previous thread and I'm just asking incorrectly, please be kind enough to send me in the right direction.

Youre help is greatly appreciated!
    revmags

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Report needed: List of customers who have purchased specific product

I needed the same function and the only way I was able to get what I needed is through the database using a function in Excel.

I downloaded both the orders and customers tables in CSV for Excel format. WITH headers.

Opened them in Excel and sorted the orders by product (products_name).

Then I selected the order numbers for the specific product (orders_id) and copied them and pasted them into a new sheet in that workbook.

Then, I entered the information I wanted in the top line of the new sheet (customers_name, customers_street, etc.) and ran a vlookup function in Excel. It looks up the information you want for each order number you pasted.

It is a huge pain in the ######## and I had to do it quarterly since I sell subscriptions to a quarterly magazine.

IF the databases would be able to combine products_id and customer_name it would be SO much easier, but there is no table that includes both values that I can find. I even tried doing a custom query but that didn't work either.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Report needed: List of customers who have purchased specific product

I've just solved it quickly:

Your server must have a tool installed called phpMyadmin, you can enter from the control panel of your hosting company.

You must enter the database associated with your zen cart store, click on the "SQL" button and type the following:

---------------

SELECT *
    FROM `zen_orders_products`
    WHERE `products_name` LIKE 'Exact Product Name'
    LIMIT 0 , 30

----------------

IMPORTANT: Replace "Exact Product Name" with the exact product name you have on your store, then Click OK.

The second column in the results are the order ID, you can easily track those orders by hand in the panel.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that query -- simplified things a LOT -- so with this and an order ID / customer name query I should be able to merge the info to get my report... I will try that!