Plugin Contributions

Annoying Line in "Categories" Box

I am a complete novice, so the answer to my problem may be glaringly simple, but here it is. I want my category, etc. boxes to be borderless. I have found and texted out all of the borders. There is, however, still a 1px line (color #9A9A9A) hovering over the words "All Products..." inside of the content area of the "Categories" box. I have pored over the CSS, and cannot find the text that seems to be attached to that line. If anyone has a clue, I'd be thankful.

Thanks, I'm learning as I go!

schnickschnackaccessories.com
    Last edited by zumspaß; 26 Jun 2006 at 10:06 PM. Reason: spelling error

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Annoying Line in "Categories" Box

Look in the admin > configuration > layout settings > and find Categories Separator between links Status and set to "0" or off.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Kobra!

I just went to admin and turned that thing off. And to think that I spent at least an hour in CSS looking for it! I'm sure to have more stupid problems in the future. Part of what has made this painstaking has just been trying to figure out what the names of various parts of the page layouts are. Every little change that I manage is another victory!

Anyway, thanks, again!

Plugin Contributions

This is a hurdle that all of us have had to climb. I suggest that if you are not currently using FireFox and the Web Developers Tools extention for it, that you download it and begin using it. In the FF tool bar ther will be an Information dropdown and selections to display several useful items about the loaded page. This will assist you in determining the names of specific items.

There is also, under the CSS dropdown, an edit CSS selection that allows you to interactively edit the css file and then save it locally when you get it looking as you want. You can then upload this new file to your host to capture these changes for your site.

The admin > tools > developers toolkit is also valuable in finding files that contain text that you are trying to alter.

You should first look in the admin for settings that might change items, I know that this is difficult to locate and determine what they mean, but many things are controllable in the admin. There remains only a few that one must change a files contents for most basic stores.

While it seems difficult, it is the best cart available, as you will find others even more difficult to work within, IMO.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten