Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Improved Whos Online Contribution.

Hi,
    This is the support thread for Improved Whos Online Contribution.
    As soon as it is added to the downloads I will post a link, but I needed to create the thread first for the readme.
    My humble contributions....
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!
    If you have to think..... your obviously looking at the admin :)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Improved Whos Online Contribution.

Note that repeated refreshing of the whos-online screen can create heavy server load, and in some shared-hosting environments, can cause the host to decide to shut your site down due to overloading.... (there are several archived threads in the forum about it).

I'm not saying to not use it ... just saying to use it sparingly unless you have tons of resources available to you and your host is used to you using it.

(This goes for the built-in version of whos-online, as well as this or any other contribution built upon it.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ooooooops I accidentally uploaded it to the other modules section and made a little typo on uploading it to the site.
    Its obviously V1.0 not V10.
    Anyway heres the link.
    Download
    Info at a Glance Admin, Alternative Header & Improved Whos Online + Currently working on the next!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    Note that repeated refreshing of the whos-online screen can create heavy server load, and in some shared-hosting environments, can cause the host to decide to shut your site down due to overloading.... (there are several archived threads in the forum about it).

I'm not saying to not use it ... just saying to use it sparingly unless you have tons of resources available to you and your host is used to you using it.

(This goes for the built-in version of whos-online, as well as this or any other contribution built upon it.)
    Interesting, this is the first Ive ever heard about this in 2 years of the "other" cart but its theoretically possible I guess, however refreshing the screen say every 30 seconds is a lot less than some online chat services you can install via CPanel that refresh the screen every second or so for example.
    Use with caution then I guess if your on a cheap host.

PS Doc any chance you could move this into the Admin Tools where it should be rather than the extra modules at all, oh and remove V1.2 from the title of this one please http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=98

Plugin Contributions

ok, i obviously goofed....
    The first time I added the code, i got two sets of the refresh buttons. So when I went back in to correct it....obviously, I messed up because now I have no tables just big words.

And yes, i overwrote the original...sue me...i screwed up.

So what I need to know is can someone provide me with the original
    admin/whos_online.php and the admin/includes/languages/english/whos_online.php ??

I have tried to correct so many times that now i have just befuzzled and frustrated myself!! Sorry for being so stupid

Plugin Contributions

ok, well i uploaded the two files that came with the install. Got my who is online box back, but again, it is doubled.

Now, on my front page.....where it says how many folks are online?
    it has this:
    BOX_HEADING_WHOS_ONLINE
    BOX_WHOS_ONLINE_THEREARE 4 BOX_WHOS_ONLINE_GUESTS BOX_WHOS_ONLINE_ONLINE

??????????????????????????????? what the hey???
    how do i fix that?

Plugin Contributions

Generally if you see WORDS IN CAPITAL LETTERS OFTEN_JOINED_LIKE_THIS its because you have forgotten to add the language files or make the changes there.

You can get a new copy of the original whos online by downloading the version of Zen you are using again and reuploading it.
    What version are you using?

Plugin Contributions

I am using 1.3.0.1
    I can find the original files in there? I do have a backup which i did yesterday but not sure how to go to it. And I certainly do not want to reinstall everything all over.
    what a mess!

Plugin Contributions

I added the files direct from the install files. I also used the read me install files to make sure i had the right lines and such.

There was a admin/admin/includes/languages/english/whos_online.php
    I installed that from the files provided and checked to make sure the last line was correct. It was already there, so did not add it a second time.

Plugin Contributions

ok, panic attack over....i see what you are saying :) have the files, will upload them and try again:)

thanks!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast