Plugin Contributions

Customize Invoice - it shows 'PayPal IPN' when customer pays Credit Card

Hi Zenners,

I am trying to fix my invoices before I sent to customers, am really stuck help would be really appreciated

THIS #1 IS THE MAIN PROBLEM:
    1) Under payment method it says "PayPal IPN" how can I change this to say "PayPal / Credit Card" as I have PayPal module installed and accept both payments from PayPal users and credit cards directly through paypal.
    It would be even better if it were possible to show "PayPal" for those who were registered paypal users paying through their account and "Credit Card" for non-paypal users who paid directly through their credit card?

2) anyway while I'm posting here are some other things:
    How can I customize the header of the invoice esp reduce the font size - it displays my store address and phone in that massive orange font. Ideally it can display my store name and business no. in big orange and the contact details smaller

3) is there any way to automatically make a PDF of the invoice and email to customers? That is what I will have to do manually each order

4) also generally how can I add things to the invoice such as 'The charge will appear on your credit card statement as XXX' or terms and conditions down the bottom??

any help greatly appreciated!
    regards,
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Re: Customize Invoice - it shows 'PayPal IPN' when customer pays Credit Card

Anyone??

Before I send invoices out to customers I would really like to fix this and change it from "PayPal IPN" to something like "PayPal / Credit Card", because most people just used their VISA / Mastercard through my PayPal web accept merchant account and they will see PayPal IPN and wonder what??

Also how do I add more details like terms and conditions at the bottom of the invoice

And is there a way to automatically PDF the invoice and email it to the customer???

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customize Invoice - it shows 'PayPal IPN' when customer pays Credit Card

Peek in your language files ...

/includes/languages/english/modules/payment

Copy the paypal.php to your templates and overrides directory:
    /includes/languages/english/modules/payment/your_template_dir

Change the define for what it reads ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your help!

That is actually what I had already done so I guess I found the right place, I had noticed it didn't change the payment method on the previous orders so far, but it does work for future orders which now show 'Credit Card / PayPal' rather than PayPal IPN

Does anyone know an add-on or something which can automatically PDF the invoice and email it to the customer?

regards,
    Dave

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customize Invoice - it shows 'PayPal IPN' when customer pays Credit Card

The text that you use is physically stored in the database ...

If you change it, then only the new orders from that point will have the new text ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

OK thanks, the main thing was future orders
    :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by apemusic
    Hi Zenners,

3) is there any way to automatically make a PDF of the invoice and email to customers? That is what I will have to do manually each order

any help greatly appreciated!
    regards,
    Dave
    There may already be such a module, but I am working with a PHP PDF creator to do this, alebit manually. Since it is open source, I am going to see if I can't make a module out of it.

Larry

Plugin Contributions

Hi Larry,

how are things going with that 'make PDF invoice' module you were working on?

I would be really interested in trying it, at the moment I go to each customers orders and click invoice and then File > Print as PDF and save it with the order no and file name and then email the customer with that attached

If all of this could be done automatically such as when I flick the order status over to 'delivered' that would be fantastic

regards,
    Dave