Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Order Missing...

Hi,

This is weird. I received notice from PayPal saying that a customer sent me payment. It apparently came through the shopping cart as the PAYPAL CUSTOM field of their TRANSACTION DETAILS page for the payment shows a ZEN ID ( zenid=d5... ).

Yet there is NO record of this customer or this order in Admin. And there is no PAYPAL IPN. The amount of the transaction is for a product that we ONLY sell through the cart.

If it wasn't for the obvious ZEN ID, I'd think the customer just sent a payment directly through paypal, but the ZEN ID would seem to indicate that it came through the cart.

Also the PAYPAL email address it came to is ONLY used in association with the cart.

Where did the order go? Where do I look? How do I track this down?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Missing...

Hi,

Ok dug around with phpmyadmin in the various databases and can't find a trace of this anywhere. Is it possible to spoof the cart?

Plugin Contributions

What version of Zen Cart are you running?

Was this a clean install or an upgrade?

Did you actually get your Payment via PayPal?

If so, do you really think someone would spoof *and* give you money?

What kind of Product was this?

Have you tested purchasing this product for yourself?

Have you ever had problems with PayPal in the past?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You might check to see if the Paypal Sessions Viewer shows you any "stuck" transactions:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...products_id=84

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry to jump in here but the same thing just happened to me. I got email verification of a paypal payment but the order is not showing up in Zen.

I'm running Zen Cart 1.3.0.1, upgraded from a fresh install of 1.3.

I downloaded the viewer you recommended and I see the order but I can't tell what product was ordered. In the cart contents it list a 3 digit number followed by a 32 digit number, neither of which matches any of my product numbers.

Plugin Contributions

Do you have the PayPal Auto Return Enabled and configured correctly on your PayPal Account?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, using the viewer I figured out that the first three digits in contents is the product ID and was able to figure out attributes as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Do you have the PayPal Auto Return Enabled and configured correctly on your PayPal Account?

Kim... I did not have auto return enabled Thanks for the info. Should the return URL be my checkout success page (https://www.cathis.com/index.php?mai...kout_success)?

I thought that setting the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) URL to http://www.cathis.com/ipn_main_handler.php was all I needed to do.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Dr. Byte, just found that on another post you responded to. I made the changes and enabled Auto-Respond and put my checkout success page in as the return URL.

I made a test order, was redirected back to the checkout success page and I got the email from paypal confirming payment but Zen still doesn't show any record of an order being made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast