Plugin Contributions

Default default template error after upgrading to ZC 1.3.0.2

Hi everyone!
    I just tried to update my ZC to the latest 1.3.0.2, i had two problems so far:

1. i kept not getting the stylesheet.css in the admin pages, and the layout was all over.. i kindda went through that by just "killing" the .htacces file in the admin/includes directory.. (well renaming it), i don't know why but this works..(is there any security problem with this?)

2. I can't get the default layout to work, whenever i chhange in the admin tool to the default layout i get this error...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/zen-cart/includes/templates/template_default/common/main_template_vars.php on line 20

The strange thing is that i don't get that error in the layout i'm working now which is fine.. any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks!!

Enric

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: default template error after upgrading to ZC 1.3.0.2

1. yes, there may be potential security risks. You should work with your hosting company to ensure that all the protections supplied in the .htaccess file are properly reproduced in other ways on your hosting account. Your host will have to help you with that.

2. Sounds like you made a typo while merging contents in the file specified:
    /includes/templates/template_default/common/main_template_vars.php
    Probably best to re-upload the original file from the new version.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your quick response Dr. Byte!!!

I already replaced the file with the new one of version 1.3.0.2 but still get the same result.. what bugs me is that i don't get this error when i change in the admin panel the template from default to the one i'm working in, i don't get any problems...

About he .htaccess file in admin/includes... i get this error from apache if i have the .htaccess file activated:
    ---------------
    [Thu Jun 29 09:08:16 2006] [alert] [client 192.168.1.146] /Library/WebServer/Documents/zen-cart/admin/includes/.htaccess: order not allowed here, referer: http://192.168.1.146/zen-cart/admin/...=2&action=save
    ----------------

I should have said that before i'm running the zeb-cart on local in a macOsX Apache Server, i dunno i f this has any relevance...

Thanks

Enric

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Enric
    .htaccess: order not allowed here
    This would suggest that your webserver is either expecting .htaccess content to be set up differently. Likely it desires that the directives in the .htaccess be included much earlier in its processing of apache configuration plans.

While your site is not on a live public server, disabling the .htaccess files should be fine.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Enric
    2. I can't get the default layout to work, whenever i chhange in the admin tool to the default layout i get this error...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /Library/WebServer/Documents/zen-cart/includes/templates/template_default/common/main_template_vars.php on line 20

The strange thing is that i don't get that error in the layout i'm working now which is fine.. any ideas why this is happening?
    I already replaced the file with the new one of version 1.3.0.2 but still get the same result.. what bugs me is that i don't get this error when i change in the admin panel the template from default to the one i'm working in, i don't get any problems...
    This would suggest that these 2 files are not consistent:
    /includes/templates/template_default/common/main_template_vars.php
    /includes/templates/YOURTEMPLATE/common/main_template_vars.php

or perhaps something that's referencing them may be not quite right after your merge